Thread: THE ANNUNCIATION starring Kristen Kreuk  

Images

THE ANNUNCIATION starring Kristen Kreuk

at Shadow Blades they are having a Fakathon with a Mythology theme.Here is one of my offerings:

THE ANNUNCIATION
    In the early 4th century AD, Roman emperor Constantine either converted to Christianity or made it an acceptable part of Roman religion. The Romans had been fond of worshipping the Goddess Venus, Goddess of Sex. In fact, sex was only one of Her many responsibilities. Venus (Greek name, Aphrodite), was concerned with all aspects of Love, Pleasure, Beauty and Procreation. She was the Ideal of female love. Her worship consisted of rituals involving sex.
    The Early Christian church introduced at this time the substitute of the Virgin Mary as the ideal of female love. Her worship consisted of devotion and virginity. (Draw your own conclusions)

The Annunciation in Christian Mythology is the story of the Angel Gabriel announcing to the Virgin Mary that she is pregnant by the Holy Spirit of God and will bear the Messiah. Although pregnant she is still a virgin. (In Roman Catholic, Greek Orthodox and some other Christian sects, Mary remains a virgin all her life) Virginity being the highest form of holiness a woman can achieve. (The three images on the left side are symbols of Mary; a shaft of light which passes through the pitcher but does not change it’s state; a Lily of the Valley; and a Temple of the Holy Spirit)

Of course without this event there could be no Christmas, so merry Christmas to all you Christians. I sincerely hope that no one takes offense to my humble offering. (click thumb to enlarge)

Maniakas
    very nice fake!

Elite Member
    Images
    This is some terrific art, Doc. Thanks for sharing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hipposelect
    This is some terrific art, Doc. Thanks for sharing.
    Thanks you. To have you call my work art is the highest compliment I could receive.