Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Thread: Tarja Turunen  

TheGaji

Thumbs up Tarja Turunen

Well thought there'd be a thread for Tarja from Nightwish. Damn nice should check the music too.

2. Liked by 1 user: Aekhyron

Elessar
    Thanks dude!
    Last time I checked, she got kicked out of Nightwish though.

Elite Prospect
    Images
    I haven't seen these posted :

5. Liked by 4 users: Aekhyron, Heathen, The Watcher, wa1rus

TheGaji
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar
    Thanks dude!
    Last time I checked, she got kicked out of Nightwish though.
    Yeah heard that. Althou there website still has her listed as a member. And good luck finding a new singer who can sing all those tracks some which lean to classicly trained and be able to sing in polish

burning_oasis67
    yeah shes for sure a hottie... but a real bitch. i met the band a last year and she was a complete bitch, everyone in the band apologized to me after she left.

shes got one hell of a voice though

gorgasm
    i dunno, i like her/and night wish but you have to agree that unless they ctach her from the right angle with enough makeup on she kinda looks like a dude

Elite Prospect
    Images
    heres a little bio i found of her, appropriate for her thread:

::BIO:: (credit: by jessica ball)

Name: Tarja Turunen

Instrument: Vocals

Date of birth: 17th of August 1977

Place of residence: Helsinki, Finland

Musical background: Began playing piano at age six followed by flute a few years later. Majored in classical singing and music theatre at the music high school in Savonlinna before studying church music at Sibelius Academy.

Tarja Turunen was born on 17th of August 1977, in Helsinki, Finland. At that time, certainly nobody expected that the bright-eyed baby would make it into the Heavy Metal scene in Finland, let alone all over the world!

"I know what I want" - The words that Tarja Turunen spoke when she was just six years old. Ever since then, Tarja knew she wanted to be a singer, “Theatrical” would explain young Tarja in one word. Her parents saw her musical talent and sent Tarja to a music school where she studied piano, this was still at only six years old. At the age of fifteen came the life changing moment however, Tarja took her first singing lesson.

At first Tarja didn't sing classical singing, she was singing songs by the likes of Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Madonna and only became interested in classical singing at the age of seventeen. At the age of eighteen, Tarja became one of the youngest students to enter the Finnish Music Academy and at that same time, Nightwish was born.

Tarja is perhaps responsible for Nightwish’s evolution into a metal band, as her voice was said to be too strong for an acoustic guitar and keyboards in the bands original acoustic material. Now, seven years on, Tarja's voice is at it's peak. She is one of the most talented women in the metal scene, and reaches high above some male singers in metal too.

Recently, Tarja has studied classical music in Karlsruhe, Germany and is about to embark upon her own solo career, although she will of course remain in Nightwish for the foreseeable future.

The_Wicked_Caveman
    Quote Originally Posted by kornkrazie
    Recently, Tarja has studied classical music in Karlsruhe, Germany and is about to embark upon her own solo career, although she will of course remain in Nightwish for the foreseeable future.

Didn't she got kicked out of nightwish?

this comes straight from the nightwish website:

"03.02.2006
    THE RELEASE OF THE NEW DVD IS IN DANGER TO BE POSTPONED!
    According to Finnish tabloid “Iltalehti” (3.2.06) the release of the “End Of An Era” –liveDVD is in danger to be postponed due to some unexpected problems in contracts. Riku Pääkkönen, the chief executive of Spin-Farm tells that Tarja’s manager Marcelo Cabuli is demanding the Spin-Farm -company, Nightwish as a band and the management staff to sign a contract that no one of them is allowed to say anything about Tarja or Marcelo, or anything related to them, without written permission from Marcelo. This kind of contract would practically prevent the publishing of the Nightwish –book this spring as well. “We really found the proposal to be strange and soon realized that this kind of a paper cannot be signed. You can’t make contracts like this” says Riku Pääkkönen in Iltalehti arcticle. There would be a 250 000 Euros fine for breaking the contract.

The concert in Hartwall-Arena is about to be released as a DVD and as a live-album. To do that the agreement from all the parties is needed and because of this unfortunate mess it seems hard to get one member to sign.

In worst case Finnish fans will have to order their copy of the DVD from outside the Scandinavia.

“Maybe one could see this as another example how the fans are treated..” says Tuomas in Iltalehti article.

Source: Iltalehti 3.2.2006 "

"30.01.2006
    GREETINGS FROM TUOMAS
    It`s been 3 months since the last show in Hartwall Arena and things are finally calming down. I just read through the yet unfinished version of the upcoming Nightwish-book. I was very impressed. It made me feel nostalgic, happy, ashamed and sad at the same time. This book is written by Mr. Mape Ollila and it`s being finished as we speak. The Finnish version of the book will be released in May. Also the live dvd "End Of An Era" will be released later this year but we have no information about the exact release date yet.

At the moment I`m occupied with writing songs for the next Nightwish album. 14 pieces done so far. I`m also participating in Timo Rautiainen`s solo album, the new For My Pain album, and some Kotiteollisuus´ live gigs before summer. With Nightwish we will start rehearsing the new stuff in June, entering the studio in September. Again we will write a diary through this site so you guys know what`s happening while in the studio. New Nightwish-homepage will also see daylight soon.

At the moment Emppu has his own side projects, Marco is working with the new Tarot-album and Jukka is busy with his new project, unrelated to music business.

The new singer will be announced through this site when the time comes. Please believe in nothing that`s not confirmed on this page.

Spirits up,

Tuomas"

Images
    Good pictures, yeah

Thanks a lot

Edit: added some pics

:W

Images

Thumbs up Tarja Turunen - Promoshoot for new album - x4

These are promos for Tarja's new Christmas album 'Henkäys Ikuisuudesta' (Breathe From Heaven)

Merry Christmas to everyone here at RiP!! ^O^

13. Liked by 3 users: Aekhyron, emilysmummie, modihacker

Private Member
    Images
    Still find it hard that she left nightwish like that. Still good luck with her career and probably different direction musicwise.

oak
    leave? i thought she was booted out be the rest of the band?

she is so hot :@ _O_

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oak
    leave? i thought she was booted out be the rest of the band?
    Yeah, she was kicked out...

Btw. "Henkäys ikuisuudesta" is more like "Breathe From Eternity".

Images
    Nice photoshoot she looks great in these costumes (I know it's not the right word) but she looks HOT in jeans and shirt

Thanks ^O^

Images
    Thanks. Saw couple of those in last weeks City Mag, if I right recon.

And If You have more, please keep ´em coming! I don´t care weather she is or was or not in Nightwish. Huge mistake to kick her out, cause they haven´t and they can´t replace her.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>