Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Thread: Allison Mack and Kristin Kreuk - Smallville 5.01 Episode Stills - 4x  

Images

Thumbs up Allison Mack and Kristin Kreuk - Smallville 5.01 Episode Stills - 4x

Allison Mack and Kristin Kreuk @ "Smallville" 5.01 Episode Stills

Couldnt think of place to put it. Sorry.

*Sade: Moved to Photoshoots

Sig by Loonatik

2. Liked by 3 users: modihacker, PhilP

Images
    seen these before...smallville was a great show early on, but filler material (especially the overemphasis on romance) sort of turned it intoa sopa opera in seasons 2-3. Good to see soem action returning in 4 and hopefully 5.

Images
    What do you want? You want a brawl every week?

Sig by Loonatik

Images
    no...but emotional themes and profundity are not exlusive to soap operas. you can make the series more intellectual without turning it into a soap opera.

Zero_Profile
    hey hey drama isn't all that bad man

hell if you dont recall most of the super man flicks were all drama

your probably thinking to much into the comic or the toons then the movie

a movie needs those things inorder to keep viewer captavated

Images
    I gotta agree with BuzzLiteBeer , the show really seems to be going places at times but then falls back on the old romance subplot, worse said romances until now have gone nowhere. Its one thing to have a two hour movie with drama, another to have a 20 + episode show drag out the same damn romance for a few seasons. But back on topic, some pretty cute shots.

Images
    Once again how else are going to humanize clark. You cant just have him battling freaks of the week all the time.

Sig by Loonatik

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by -84
    Once again how else are going to humanize clark. You cant just have him battling freaks of the week all the time.

Well one way is simply have Clark stop beating on all of them. I mean sure he had one fling with a girl with powers and couldn't land a punch on the flash but the show never really got into the territory of having Clark go hey you have powers, I have powers, lets go hang out . Maybe my memory is being selective but for the most part meteor freak = ass whipping by Clark. Don't get me wrong the romance has its place but it doesn't need to dominate the show past one or two seasons. My buddy and I always joked that if you really looked at Clark and Lex's friendship its just terrible, they never hang out, Clark never invites him to dinner, its give and take, over and over, all of these would have humanized Clark, the writers just got lazy and kept falling back on ohhh Lana batted an eyelash at Clark, Clark gets horny, takes out rage on meteor freak, the end.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebomber
    Well one way is simply have Clark stop beating on all of them. I mean sure he had one fling with a girl with powers and couldn't land a punch on the flash but the show never really got into the territory of having Clark go hey you have powers, I have powers, lets go hang out . Maybe my memory is being selective but for the most part meteor freak = ass whipping by Clark. Don't get me wrong the romance has its place but it doesn't need to dominate the show past one or two seasons. My buddy and I always joked that if you really looked at Clark and Lex's friendship its just terrible, they never hang out, Clark never invites him to dinner, its give and take, over and over, all of these would have humanized Clark, the writers just got lazy and kept falling back on ohhh Lana batted an eyelash at Clark, Clark gets horny, takes out rage on meteor freak, the end.
    Kinda feel the same way...

But let's see what season 5 will bring us

Images
    My thoughts exactly.

Thanks for the caps.

mmmm, gotta love DOCSIS 3

Images
    But who could he realistically lose to? How does clark and lex having brunch get ratings? How does it improve Superman when he was a young which smallville is about. Remember the last friend clark had and what happend to him. I dont see a certain someone anymore. I wonder why...

Sig by Loonatik

Images
    But who could he realistically lose to? How does clark and lex having brunch get ratings? How does it improve Superman when he was a young which smallville is about. Remember the last friend clark had and what happend to him. I dont see a certain someone anymore. I wonder why...

Ah you hit it on the head. That is one of the main problems with Superman's character in general and why the comics fell so flat he had to be killed off and brought back to life. Superman can't lose easily, which is why i'm saying a different direction with the freak of the week would have been nice , sure there should be beat downs but not 95 percent of the time .

Lex stabbing Clark in the back here and there would be more effective and dramatic if they were shown actually being friends . That would boost ratings because it would be good story telling. As it stands they're little more then two strangers, one being rescued a lot and the other hitting the guy up for cash or some favor every other episode. It would feel like a more complete betrayl is what i'm trying to say.

As for Pete, yeah he got a beating for the secret and got the hell out of dodge, but then Pete was a regular human in a town full of crazy billionaires and meteor freaks , so him leaving while surprising isn't all that far fetched. Its not a stretch to think maybe he would have left anyway given the number of times his life was in danger. Chloe is Clark's friend and she was nearly blown up long before knowing his secret. Lets not even talk about Lana. The place is dangerous, he left.

But if you're talking about as far as the writing goes I always got the sense after season one that they had no real idea what to do with Pete, his character either didn't show up at all or had one or two lines in more then one episode. His writing out was only natural, free up the cast for a more interesting person or two.

Images
    Lex doesnt strike you as the picnic having person. Lex hasnt made himself that open for quality time either.

Sig by Loonatik

Images
    Lex doesnt strike you as the picnic having person. Lex hasnt made himself that open for quality time either.

LOL Considering the sheer amount of times he found the time to make it to that loft so Clark could give him his weekly lecture I think he had the time.

Images
    Between corporate takeovers and firing people. And hiding freaks in his basement. :p

Sig by Loonatik

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>