Thread: Shania Twain  

•  

Shania Twain

Date of Birth
    28 August 1965, Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Height
    5' 4" (1.63 m)

Mini Biography
    Shania Twain was born as Eilleen Regina Edwards in 1965, the middle of three daughters to Clarence and Sharon Edwards (sister Jill is two years older and Carrie-Ann three years younger). When she was age 6, her mother remarried Jerry Twain, a full-blooded Ojibwa native from Timmins, Ontario, who adopted her as his own. She started out singing in bars as a child after hours, and, at 13, appeared on "The Tommy Hunter Show" (1965). When she was 22, her parents were killed in an accident, and she became the legal guardian of her half-brothers (Mark, then 13, and Darryl, then 14) and sister, putting her musical career on hold to raise her family. In 1991 she changed her name to Shania (meaning "I'm on my way" in Ojibwa, it was the name of a co-worker), and signed a contract with Mercury Nashville that same year. Her first album went by without notice, but her second album (produced with (Mutt) Robert John Lange, who she wed in 1993) broke world records with its sales!

Images

Re: Shania Twain

How she chooses to relate to her family is really none of your business, is it?
      Read my post where I said I know her bio family. Actually good friends with 2 of them. They are her immediate cousins.

Did you ever stop to think that she uses a stage name in an attempt to protect her family from rabid fans and assholes?
      First of all her first name is only a stage name her surname is her Step Father's last name. Read the rest of the posts, my comment doesn't really have anything to do with her name, I was creating a debate (successfully I might add from the amount of "rabid" guys with "Shania crushes" who've defended her) about how she threw her bio family to the curb. I'll reiterate, excluding her bio dad most of the Edwards' are really good and loyal people. Something that can't be said for "Shania".

Images

Quote Originally Posted by oxford5074 View Post
      Read my post where I said I know her bio family. Actually good friends with 2 of them. They are her immediate cousins.
      Oh wow... you know a couple of her cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by oxford5074 View Post
      First of all her first name is only a stage name her surname is her Step Father's last name. Read the rest of the posts, my comment doesn't really have anything to do with her name, I was creating a debate (successfully I might add from the amount of "rabid" guys with "Shania crushes" who've defended her) about how she threw her bio family to the curb. I'll reiterate, excluding her bio dad most of the Edwards' are really good and loyal people. Something that can't be said for "Shania".
      Have you considered the possibility that there's damn good reason why she doesn't acknowledge her biological family? Her mom left her biological dad when Shania was two years old. Why would she feel obliged to maintain contact with a family she never really knew? Do I think Shania's story is entirely consistent? No. Do I think she over-plays the "hard life" story? Yup. But I also don't see where she has a responsibility to the Edwards. Or why you think knowing a couple of her cousins entitles you to hate on someone you don't know. It's easy to say that the rest of the family are "good and loyal" people... did they know physical abuse was going on?

By your line of logic, any adopted child owes some kind of obligation to his/her biological family.

It's easy to make a lot of assumptions when you're only getting one side of the story.

When you sit down with Shania/Eilleen and talk things over, come back and fill us in.

Images

Why would she feel obliged to maintain contact with a family she never really knew?
      There was quite a bit of contact up until she was 16 years old with the entire family including her bio Dad. I met her and her sister in Chapleau when she was 16 at a family gathering. There was even more contact, as I said earlier, with her Grandmother up until a few months before she passed away.

By your line of logic, any adopted child owes some kind of obligation to his/her biological family.
      If that's what you think I'm saying you're way off. As I said above there was plenty of contact. She chose to shun that side of her family when she hit it big, or rather married a successful producer, because her handlers probably thought it made for a more interesting story the way she ended up telling it.

Do I think she over-plays the "hard life" story? Yup.
      I'm glad you see that light. Her adoptive father always had work and in fact worked for the Ontario Government with the Ministry of Natural Resources, they didn't have to wash clothes on a rock lol ridiculous! I think she was telling her sisters story from when they were still with Clarence Edwards as she would've been too young to remember.

Or why you think knowing a couple of her cousins entitles you to hate on someone you don't know
      That's not why I'm entitled to hate her. I'm entitled to hate anyone I want for whatever reason I want. As matter of record I'm starting to hate on you and I don't even know you!

Images

[06/08/11] Shania Twain @ 2011 CMT Music Awards - x8 + x15

Singer Shania Twain attends the 2011 CMT Music Awards at the Bridgestone Arena on June 8, 2011 in Nashville, Tennessee.

Banned
      Images

CMT Music Awards in Nashville 2011.06.08

Images

Re: [06/08/11] Shania Twain @ 2011 CMT Music Awards - x8

She's a bad bad person

Images

[06/08/11] Shania Twain @ Concert Announcement Press Conference - x27

08 June 2011 - Nashville, Tennessee - Shania Twain. Shania Twain Press Conference Announcing Superstar Residency at the Colosseum at Caesar's Palace with shows starting December 1. 2012.

Images

[06/10/11] Shania Twain @ "From This Moment On" Book Signing Nashville - x10

10 June 2011 - Nashville, Tennessee - Shania Twain. Shania Twain "From This Moment On" Book Signing held at Bridgestone Arena.

Images

Re: [06/08/11] Shania Twain @ 2011 CMT Music Awards - x8

Images

Bump! that was a good argument and he just gave up

Banned
      Images

Shania Twain Hot Mix

Shania Twain Hot Mix

Images

Oooh I hate her sooo much!

Elite Prospect
      Images

Shania Twain arrives at Caesars Palace on November 14, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. SHANIA: STILL THE ONE debuts Dec. 1 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace.

Elite Prospect
      Images

Sponsor
      Images

Horse?

Page 15 of 18 << First ... 51314151617 ... Last >>