Thread: Madonna  

•  

Madonna

Date of Birth
    16 August 1958, Bay City, Michigan, USA

Height
    5' 4?" (1.64 m)

Mini Biography
    The remarkable, hyper-ambitious Material Girl who never stops re-inventing herself, Madonna has sold over 300 million records and CDs to adoring fans worldwide. Her film career, however, is another story. Her performances have consistently drawn scathing or laughable reviews from film critics, and the films have usually had tepid, if any, success at the box office. Born Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone in August 1958 in Bay City, Michigan, she moved to New York in the late 1970s and studied with renowned choreographer Alvin Ailey, joined up with the Patrick Hernandez Revue, formed a pop/dance band called "Breakfast Club" and began working with then boyfriend Stephen Bray on recording several disco-oriented songs. New York producer / DJ Mark Kamins passed her demo tapes to Sire Records in early 1982 and the rest, as they say, is history. The 1980s was Madonna's boom decade, and she dominated the music charts with a succession of multi-million-selling albums, and her musical and fashion influence on young women was felt around the globe.

Madonna first appeared on screen in two low-budget films marketed to a teenage audience: A Certain Sacrifice (1985) and Vision Quest (1985). However, she scored a minor cult hit with Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) starring alongside spunky Rosanna Arquette. Madonna's next effort with then husband Sean Penn, Shanghai Surprise (1986), was savaged by critics, although the resilient star managed to somewhat improve her standing with her next two films, the offbeat Who's That Girl (1987) (although she did receive decidedly mixed reviews, they weren't as negative as those of her previous effort) and the quirky Damon Runyon-inspired Bloodhounds of Broadway (1989). The big-budget and star-filled Dick Tracy (1990) had her playing bad girl "Breathless Mahoney" flirting with Warren Beatty; the film was a big hit, but not as big as anticipated. Taking an earthier role, Madonna was much more entertaining alongside Tom Hanks and Geena Davis in the highly enjoyable A League of Their Own (1992), a story about female baseball players during WWII. However, she again drew the wrath of critics with the boring whodunit Body of Evidence (1993), an obvious (and lame) attempt to cash in on the success of the sexy Sharon Stone thriller Basic Instinct (1992).

Several other minor screen roles followed, then Madonna starred as Eva Per?n in Evita (1996), a fairly well received screen adaptation of the hugely successful Broadway musical. The Material Girl stayed away from the movie cameras for several years, returning to co-star in the lukewarm romantic comedy The Next Best Thing (2000), followed by the painful Swept Away (2002). If those films weren't bad enough, she was woefully miscast as a vampish fencing instructor in the James Bond adventure Die Another Day (2002).

Kalle.F.

Thumbs up Madonna

My Favorite :biggrin:

Elite Prospect
      Images

Thumbs up Various - Madonna 1985-2003

A Certain Sacrifice (1985)

Desperately Seeking Susan (1985)

Madonna: Truth or Dare (1991)

Dangerous Game (1993)

The Next Best Thing (2000)

Swept Away (2002)

MTV Video Music Awards (2003)

Elite Prospect
      Images

Thumbs up Madonna - Body of Evidence

Body of Evidence (1993)

tripod
      great pics is mr.skin worth the money?

tripod
      great pics is mr.skin worth the money?

Images
      YES! Updated daily with new pics and a HUGE catalog of nude celebs. Nice Kracker, I was planing on eventually posting those myself.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Images
      mr skin is my hero

eddiefuture
      that movie was fucking hot

mcassiopeia
      Thanks for the pics, I haven't seen the movie

Tsu
      Nice post gonna see the movie soon

Private Member
      Images

First nude shoot of Madonna in 1979

12. Liked by 2 users: Eldrik, modihacker

maddy_debbie
      anyone has any NON nude madonna pics.. HQ??? I want them and they are so hard to find... :banghead:

maddy_debbie

[09/14/2005]Madonna @ the streets with "COADF new album cover" x6

It looks liek she's holding the NEW cover picture of her upcomping album confessions on a dancefloor.. BUT madonna wouldnt make that mistake knowing the press is everywhere.. i think she did it on purpose to make us .. or me .. the fans anyway, go CRAZY hehe.. the real cover is probably gonna blow our minds even more.. thats just a madonna way of thinking i guess :Y *)

Images
      I don't like Madonna any more.

Elite Prospect
      Images
      Shouldn't this be in the Paparazzi section?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last >>