Thread: vipr.im dropping connections while downloading  

Private Member
    Images

vipr.im dropping connections while downloading

I am using JDownloader2 (JD2) to download imagesets from vipr.im.

Things worked smoothly in the past, but recently I have noticed a high level of dropped connections while downloading (links load into JD2 just fine, but errors occur after starting download). Errors thrown include "Final Destination Link is not an image" , "Try Restarting this link again" , "Unknown Host error". All of these are usually solved by restarting the download. However, if you are downloading a set of 120 pics and this keeps occurring, you are basically playing whack-a-mole within JD2, instead of an unattended download.

Anyone know why this may be happening. I am sure this is server-side since (a) all other hosts work fine, (b) this started happening recently with vipr.im, which was usually pretty stable in the past.

Images

Re: vipr.im dropping connections while downloading

I have been seeing the same behavior for quite a while (maybe a week or two). It has happened to me on a variety of different image hosts, not just vipr.im. Even when I visit other forums. I run the latest Pale Moon browser and Image Host Grabber. This has happened to me randomly over the past two weeks on both my desktop and laptop computers and I have used the laptop on three different ISP connections in two different states here in the USA. I have been unable to connect the dots as to why it is happening. I just make sure IHG has downloaded all of the pictures before I start renaming and such. Like you, I have found that restarting the ones that failed usually solves the problem. I only download a set or two at a time so this has been more of a nuisance to me than a problem.

3. Liked by 1 user: elbae

Private Member
    Images

Honestly, I think your issue might be IHG. I was facing all sorts of issues when I was using IHG, and it almost defeated the purpose of such an app, which is unattended downloads. JD2 has made my life much easier. The only major issue with this app is that it currently does not support hcaptcha which hosts like filejoker use, and ofc the above issue with vipr.im.

But other than that, I would recommend JD2 over IHG.

Images

The app may be making too many concurrent connections which may trigger security mechanisms on websites. Play around with the configuration. As for "vipr.im" specifically, it may be limiting ripping tools to ensure there is enough bandwidth available to serve images to the regular visitor. If the image host uses Cloudflare, then you may need to visit the image host manually in a browser first and see if there is a captcha to solve.

6. Liked by 1 user: elbae

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lezboyd View Post
    Honestly, I think your issue might be IHG. I was facing all sorts of issues when I was using IHG, and it almost defeated the purpose of such an app, which is unattended downloads.
    This current behavior could certainly be related somehow to IHG but overall I have been using it for years and it has been stunning. Quite possibly the most useful app I have ever tried. Never had a problem except when image hosts needlessly jack around with their formats. The sole reason I ditched Firefox for Pale Moon was so that I could continue to use IHG. Don't know what I'd do without it. The concurrent connections suggestion has merit but I haven't changed any settings in IHG for years and it's been flawless. That my settings would suddenly now be the culprit suggests that the real issue is server based but in my case it is not limited to one server. Shrug. I'm only seeing a handful of these download failures and they are very intermittent. Not nearly enough reason to abandon ship. I only download from image hosts so Filejoker and the lot are a non issue for me. I'm not a power downloader like many here. A set here and there.

Private Member
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    The app may be making too many concurrent connections... If the image host uses Cloudflare, then you may need to visit the image host manually in a browser first and see if there is a captcha to solve.
    I have limited my connections to 3 per host, so that's not an issue.

I also raised this issue with JD2 support and they have come back saying cloudflare is the culprit at randomly dropping connections, and they are going to tinker with the host plugin a little bit and see if that helps. So, fingers crossed.

Thanks for taking an interest and replying.

Private Member
    Images

I had no intention to ask you to abandon ship. If IHG works for you, then you do you. I personally found JD2 million times better and flexible and their support staff is awesome and very quick to reply and resolve your issue. They also support a huge number of hosts so that's another huge plus.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck View Post
    Never had a problem except when image hosts needlessly jack around with their formats.
    This is one huge reason I switched over to JD2. They are continually updating their host plugins, many times a day in fact. 99 times out of 100, you never have to lift a finger to do anything if a host changes its format. Just update the app. Currently, the biggest problem they are facing is cloudflare's implementation of hcaptcha, which they are having trouble incorporating in their browser plugin, so if filejoker works with IHG then I would recommend staying with IHG, because FJ currently does not work with JD2.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by lezboyd View Post
    I had no intention to ask you to abandon ship.
    No, I definitely appreciate the input. The more information you have about these matters, the better. Interesting you should mention Cloudflare. They are so ubiquitous that they could easily be impacting this situation. If IHG ever goes belly up on me it will be a quick segue to JDownloader for me. It has lots of satisfied users.

Images

vipergirls.to is like going to a baseball game for only $20 and you can't believe it's so cheap and easy. vipr.im is like the $20 beer they sell at the stadium that makes the entire experience almost not worth it because you have to wait in line for 20 minutes and the beer is stale anyway.

And yes, it is almost certainly the cloudflare configuration that causes people's trouble.

Images

Just to chime in, I've been having issues for the past few weeks as well.

I don't download anything, just open the image threads and then the images themselves, and everything from vipr.im either doesn't load at all, or loads just a couple of images and then stops, to the point that I don't open threads with content hosted on vipr.im anymore as there's no point, unfortunatelly.

All other hosts work normally.

If this problem is pervasive, the admis probably have noticed a decrease in traffic to the forum in the past couple of weeks.

Private Member
    Images

Update: JD2 support basically tweaked the host plugin to disable multiple concurrent downloads for vipr.im. So basically only one image is downloaded at a time. This has stopped cloudflare from dropping connections, and while things download slightly slow because of one image at a time, I am able to download image-sets unattended and without errors. So, I am considering the issue as solved.

Images

So yesterday the problem was gone for me, but it's back to where it was before today.

What I noticed is that I can load exactly 4 images before it stops loading anything else, anywhere.
    So if I mouse over a forum thread name, it loads the 4 thumbnails. If I open the thread, it loads the same 4 thumbnails (from the browser cache), but no others. Trying to open those images also doesn't work.

Images

same problem guys r thy planning to solve it or not... any solutions or other downloader will be help full...