View Poll Results: What version(s) of VRipper are you using ?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows

38 84.44%
  • Linux

5 11.11%
  • Mac

4 8.89%
  • Server

1 2.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 110 << First ... 78910111959109 ... Last >>

Thread: VRipper (Cross-platform Gallery Ripper)  

Images

Re: VRipper (Cross-platform Gallery Ripper)

Quote Originally Posted by finxleft View Post
    The application works fine, i have no problem there. I can download, give thanks, etc.

I can not make changes to the options in"Settings" like "Save posts in sub floders", etc... These should not be based on VPN usage.

Still no errors in the log. and 2.5.0 didn't make a difference...
    I will try to add more logging in future releases, to help understand these issue, i will let you know when i'll be releasing it, because i still don't know what is wrong

Banned
    Images

Hi, I wish I could thank you for this app. It's just that it simply doesn't open. After clicking the app icone, it starts, hangs a little and shuts down. I started the system over but nothing.
    I am using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I downloaded the version 2.5.1. It must be some incompatibilty with the mac as the vrx i was using stopped working as well. Any hint would be welcome
    btw, maybe you know why VRipper X has suddenly stopped working, I know it happened for a lot of people, you start the app and it just stays on a grey window and nothing happens. Thank you

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Simonet View Post
    Hi, I wish I could thank you for this app. It's just that it simply doesn't open. After clicking the app icone, it starts, hangs a little and shuts down. I started the system over but nothing.
    I am using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6. I downloaded the version 2.5.1. It must be some incompatibilty with the mac as the vrx i was using stopped working as well. Any hint would be welcome
    btw, maybe you know why VRipper X has suddenly stopped working, I know it happened for a lot of people, you start the app and it just stays on a grey window and nothing happens. Thank you
    Go to /Users/[your username]/.vripper/vripper.log, see if you find any errors there
    Works fine for me

Images

First and most importantly, I want to thank you again for this wonderful application. The latest version, which I just installed, is yet another great version. So Thank You again.
    I almost feel guilty about pointing out a few things that you might consider (or perhaps a few are bugs, I don't know whether it's simply Woking as Designed or a bug)

1) On the download screen, how about adding the option to delete a post and even perhaps to stop a post that has already started to the three dot ellipse to the right of each post.

On the new screen to gather multiple URLs. I wanted to download an entire thread (it is about 24 pages long) - it's one of mine( https://vipergirls.to/threads/1732048-Gina-Valentina )
    But as you correctly suggested, I didn't want to load all 350 in one shot. So ....
    1) I had expected that if I put in the URL of the first page I would only get the 15 posts from that page, Same with the second page, third, etc. But you always scan and list every post from the entire thread. Not a huge problem but a surprise.

2) After seeing the entire thread listed I selected the first ten and hit download. Those ten were added to the download queue but ... the remaining 340 were cleared from the link collector page. So every time I wanted the grab the next 10 or 15, I had to re-enter the URL and try and remember where I had left off. I'd suggest that you leave the remaining posts to be downloaded in the link collector and let the user manually clear what is left if they want to.

3) This may be sticky. The old MAC ripper handled this so I assume its possible. Again, same thread as before. When you add additional posts to a thread, the title of each post is usually the thread name. So in this case where the thread is "The Magic of Gina Valentina" the posts are "Re: The Magic of Gina Valentina" and the application creates folders named for each download:
    Re The Magic of Gina Valentina_15927014
    Re The Magic of Gina Valentina_15912448
    Re The Magic of Gina Valentina_16933344
    The actual title of the post is usually in the first line. The old MAC ripper somehow knew this and created the download folders with the first line of the post rather than the generic folder names you're creating. Not sure whether this can be changed, but it means having to go back and rename each folder.
    So the old version would have named the three download folders I have listed above:
    LethalHardcore.com Gina Valentina - Gina Valentina Seduces Will Powers With Her Training Bra 12-02-15
    InTheCrack.com Gina Valentina #1151 - Apr 14, 2016
    NewSensations.com Gina Valentina - Teens Like It Rough #02, Scene 2 (14-01-2016)

4) The order of the download folders you create are not the same order as the posts. Again, this would be no issue at all if each folder had the actual title from the first line of the post, but since I have to name each folder, getting them out of order is a bit of a problem.
    All of these issues are just inconveniences - certainly things that can be worked around - but should you think any are worth looking at, I wanted to mention . them.

Finally, and I know others have mentioned this as well - if this would work with the "Download Images" button on a post, that would be fabulous. But again, just a small inconvenience.

So that's what I've found from playing with the new version this morning. Many thanks for all your work. The app is an amazing addition to the tools available on this forum. THANK YOU ... THANK YOU

Images

Quote Originally Posted by stacydonovan3 View Post
    First and most importantly, I want to thank you again for this wonderful application. The latest version, which I just installed, is yet another great version. So Thank You again.
    I almost feel guilty about pointing out a few things that you might consider (or perhaps a few are bugs, I don't know whether it's simply Woking as Designed or a bug)

1) On the download screen, how about adding the option to delete a post and even perhaps to stop a post that has already started to the three dot ellipse to the right of each post.

On the new screen to gather multiple URLs. I wanted to download an entire thread (it is about 24 pages long) - it's one of mine( https://vipergirls.to/threads/1732048-Gina-Valentina )
    But as you correctly suggested, I didn't want to load all 350 in one shot. So ....
    1) I had expected that if I put in the URL of the first page I would only get the 15 posts from that page, Same with the second page, third, etc. But you always scan and list every post from the entire thread. Not a huge problem but a surprise.

2) After seeing the entire thread listed I selected the first ten and hit download. Those ten were added to the download queue but ... the remaining 340 were cleared from the link collector page. So every time I wanted the grab the next 10 or 15, I had to re-enter the URL and try and remember where I had left off. I'd suggest that you leave the remaining posts to be downloaded in the link collector and let the user manually clear what is left if they want to.

3) This may be sticky. The old MAC ripper handled this so I assume its possible. Again, same thread as before. When you add additional posts to a thread, the title of each post is usually the thread name. So in this case where the thread is "The Magic of Gina Valentina" the posts are "Re: The Magic of Gina Valentina" and the application creates folders named for each download:
    Re The Magic of Gina Valentina_15927014
    Re The Magic of Gina Valentina_15912448
    Re The Magic of Gina Valentina_16933344
    The actual title of the post is usually in the first line. The old MAC ripper somehow knew this and created the download folders with the first line of the post rather than the generic folder names you're creating. Not sure whether this can be changed, but it means having to go back and rename each folder.
    So the old version would have named the three download folders I have listed above:
    LethalHardcore.com Gina Valentina - Gina Valentina Seduces Will Powers With Her Training Bra 12-02-15
    InTheCrack.com Gina Valentina #1151 - Apr 14, 2016
    NewSensations.com Gina Valentina - Teens Like It Rough #02, Scene 2 (14-01-2016)

4) The order of the download folders you create are not the same order as the posts. Again, this would be no issue at all if each folder had the actual title from the first line of the post, but since I have to name each folder, getting them out of order is a bit of a problem.
    All of these issues are just inconveniences - certainly things that can be worked around - but should you think any are worth looking at, I wanted to mention . them.

Finally, and I know others have mentioned this as well - if this would work with the "Download Images" button on a post, that would be fabulous. But again, just a small inconvenience.

So that's what I've found from playing with the new version this morning. Many thanks for all your work. The app is an amazing addition to the tools available on this forum. THANK YOU ... THANK YOU
    Am glad you like the new version

Adding the stop and delete in the three dot menu is easy, it was actually there and i removed it when i implemented the selection system, but i'll bring it back.

regarding your point number 1)
    At some point, i was scanning and parsing the html page the user input, so if you put the first page of a thread, you will only see posts from that page. it worked but it was not ideal, kinda messy code and implementation.
    However V told me that the now unsupported ripper for windows used an XML api to fetch threads and posts that vipergirls site provided, and was kind enough to show me how to use it.
    The best thing of this api is that its blazing fast, but it has no notion of pages, the api returns every single posts in the thread, with some attributes, like thread title, post title, image count,...
    That's why you see all the posts when you only put the first page.

2) I will add an option to let the user decide whether to remove or leave the link.

3) I understand your point, however the titles that you mentioned are not included in the api, since the title you want to appears is in the body of the post not the title of the post, i won't be able to see them until i fetch the whole post, am betting the Vripper X is fetching the posts to scan them and not using the api. Since am not doing that (the api is waaay faster) that's why you see the generic "Re: The Magic of Gina Valentina", and for that reason i am adding the ugly _16933344 in the end, because all the replies have the same title and will collide if i don't differentiate them.
    most people here when they add a posts, they use the quick reply form (not the advanced one, which let you change the title instead of the generic RE xxxxx), am not sure weather people are not aware of this or they keep the RE xxx title on purpose, or they simply don't care that much about the title of the posts since they will put it in the body anyway.
    I could however try and look for the appropriate title, but will be done when items start downloading, not the link grabber (that will slow and cripple the app), i can add an option "Resolve post title" to handle this.
    but i would appreciate if people put meaningful post titles, since i won't have to do much workarounds to get the titles

4) i can add an option to force order the posts by appending the post counter from that thread

finally, the download Images button will force me to add specific code for each os, am building the app on cross platform tech, implementing this feature may make things a bit complicated when releasing for each os, am delaying it for now, but will implement it at some point.

Banned
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by theghooost View Post
    Go to /Users/[your username]/.vripper/vripper.log, see if you find any errors there
    Works fine for me
    I was using Mojave, I ended up installing new OS (Catalina) and now it's working fine.
    So far I just have one problem, when I keep the app opened for some time, like overnight, appears the following message from within the app "Error connecting to daemon, try restarting the application" and it doesn't keep the alterations I may have made like adding or deleting links. Do you know why this happens?

Banned
    Images

Works fine for me
    I was using Mojave, I ended up installing new OS (Catalina) and now it's working fine.
    So far I just have one problem, when I keep the app opened for some time, like overnight, appears the following message from within the app "Error connecting to daemon, try restarting the application" and it doesn't keep the alterations I may have made like adding or deleting links. Do you know why this happens?
    To go a little further still regarding this problem I mentioned, I thought that after adding some links and closing the app, It will keep the alterations, but it doens't. I just add a hundred links, waiting for alittle while, closed the app, reopened it and the links I added where gone. So how long do I have to wait before closing the app without risking to have to do it over again. Is that clear?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Simonet View Post
    To go a little further still regarding this problem I mentioned, I thought that after adding some links and closing the app, It will keep the alterations, but it doens't. I just add a hundred links, waiting for alittle while, closed the app, reopened it and the links I added where gone. So how long do I have to wait before closing the app without risking to have to do it over again. Is that clear?
    Are you talking about the main download tab ? or the link collector tab ?
    everything in the link collector will not be persisted when you close the app.
    everthing in the download tab will take a few seconds to persist.

Regarding your problem when leaving the app open overnight, i honestly did not test that. so for try to force close and restart. when i have some time i will try to implement some auto reconnect with the daemon.
    I also do not own a mac so am testing in a vm, which is not ideal.
    Also mac behave differently compared to others when you close the app, it just go into this idle state and is a pain managing it.
    Be patient the project is still in progress, hopefully it will become better in the future.

9. Liked by 1 user: mike=)).

Banned
    Images

Thanks a lot for the reply
    It happens in the main download tab
    I am bit reluctant to force close it as the few times I did it it wouldn't reload the links I had previously insert and when it close with the daemon problem, it doesn't reload the lnks either, so I can't keep on using it as it would be too dificult to keep tracks of the links it accidently deleted.
    Anyway, thanks a lot and will keep an eye on the updated versions
    Keep up the good work

Images

I was using the old 2.0.1 version, didn't noticed the app was updated.

The new version 2.5.1 it's mind blowing!
    What a great revamp and, the UI is on point.

I liked the way you changed how we download or stop or select a single post post by using only a single click in the main interface without the need to open the three dot option in a single post.
    Just select what you want to do and then perform the operation.

Thanks a lot theghoost.

12. Liked by 2 users: ronssmith, theghooost

Images

Thanks for the app, theghooost.

I'm using the Windows version and the downloads just won't start for me. I add a URL, it recognizes the URL, I click the "Start" button, a pop-up says "Download started" but the bar at the bottom says "Downloading: 0, Pending: 0, Remaining: 0, Error: 0" I tried a bunch of different URLs from vipergirls, none of them worked. I'm running the software as administrator and I gave it permissions through Windows Firewall. I use a VPN to access vipergirls but it's a software VPN installed on my computer, it's not a browser add-on. I'd really appreciate it if you could help. Thanks.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by catraxor View Post
    Thanks for the app, theghooost.

I'm using the Windows version and the downloads just won't start for me. I add a URL, it recognizes the URL, I click the "Start" button, a pop-up says "Download started" but the bar at the bottom says "Downloading: 0, Pending: 0, Remaining: 0, Error: 0" I tried a bunch of different URLs from vipergirls, none of them worked. I'm running the software as administrator and I gave it permissions through Windows Firewall. I use a VPN to access vipergirls but it's a software VPN installed on my computer, it's not a browser add-on. I'd really appreciate it if you could help. Thanks.
    Could you send me in PM some of the threads that won't start downloading ?
    Also can you check the logs for errors ?
    logs are located in C:\users\[username]\.vripper\vripper.log for the installer version
    and [Vripper.exe path]\.vripper\vripper.log

Please also note that some hosts are experiencing problems like imx.to and pixhost, so maybe that's the issue.

15. Liked by 1 user: mike=)).

Images

V2.8.1 released, see first page to see the changes

17. Liked by 1 user: mike=)).

Images

I just tried to download the MAC OS desktop image, and it seems to download the vripper-2.8.1-linux.AppImage instead. I assume that an error as mu MAC doesn't know how to handle that image.
    I look forward to testing the new version out - although with imx down. there isn't much to test it with.
    Thanks again for all your work - and Happy Holidays.

Images

V2.8.1 released, see first page to see the changes
    I can't thank you enough for your efforts into this program. Much appreciated for making changes even through the holidays. If possible and not too much hassle (on top of your other project priorities), can you please add ImgSpice host? Thanks again, and happy holidays.