Thread: mountfile frequent interrupts/ restarts  

Elite Prospect
    Images

mountfile frequent interrupts/ restarts

Hello,

is anyone experiencing the same problems with mountfile free mode and jdownloader:
    All my queued downloads keep downloading for a while (mostly up to about 300mb), then suddenly I have to answer a new captcha and the downloads starts from scratch. I don't mind the slow download speeds or the wait between downloads, but this way I was unable to finish any of my queued downloads for months!

Would signing up for a free account help and maybe provide resume ability at least?

My internet connection is not root of the problems: In the same timefame, I downloaded files from upsto.re without any interruptions at similar slow speeds.

Private Member
    Images

Re: mountfile frequent interrupts/ restarts

Yeah, I get the same thing. And since it is free, I have no basis to complain. That being said, I try to limit my mountfile stuff to pic sets where at least something can be recovered from the failed attempt. And it is luck of the draw as to whether one gets the 75KB/s or 30KB/s speed, the latter being mostly useless as do all of my downloading at remote sites with limited time available per session. I have discovered that one can start a D/L in JDownloader and then after an hour start a separate one in firefox, and vice-versa. Ditto for K2S where I will start a new D/L in firefox and after it starts to run, resume the ongoing D/L in JDownloader. About half the time it seems I am also able to resume a K2S D/L in firefox that needed o be stopped. That way my background time is a smidge more efficient.

Dealing with Fileshares is just an ongoing PsyOps challenge. I assume that they are doing this deliberately, ditto with the egregious captcha shit, to entice peeps to join, yet at the same time it costs them bandwidth when us cheapies need to make a half-dozen failed attempts at 300MB a pop to get a 400 MB file. I haven't explored joining mountfile because it has been my experience in the past that the only way to do it is with my actual bankcard, and NO WAY is that info ever getting in their hands. I was checking one site recently and you can't even see their plans without giving up essential personal info. I have long suspected that their business model revolves around bank account and identity theft, and it only becomes more obvious over time. As in all wars, a measure is usually quickly met with a counter measure.

So in the last month mountfile has been dismal. Nearly every download has been at the 30KB/s rate and 9 out of 10 stop before completion.