Page 4 of 7 << First ... 23456 ... Last >>

Thread: filehost review  

Images

Re: filehost review

Quality of k2s and fboom has plummeted as of late.

I've been a loyal fboom premium user for (on and off) at least 3 years now. Premium speeds have been cut at least in half. Where i used to get 8 megabyte per second with a single connection it now usually sits at around 2 megabyte per second. That's extremely bad for a "cloud hoster".

k2s free speed is always 30kb/s for me. Even with the vipergirls referrer, k2s just seems to ignore it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by donbilbo View Post
    k2s free speed is always 30kb/s for me. Even with the vipergirls referrer, k2s just seems to ignore it.
    Both K2S and fboom free downloads behave odd lately. Quite often I also get only 30kbps. It doesn't matter if I'm logged in or when I downloaded the last file. Funny though, the NEXT file after that is usually MUCH faster... 120 to 150kbps. The speed they show for a free download is usually wrong too. They show the free download option with 120 or 150kbps but I only get 30. Next download they say it's 30kbps but instead I get 120 or 150kbps.

And even funnier... I usually get the higher speed for ALL following downloads that day. Looks as if they mixed something up. Instead of faster speed for the first, slower for all following downloads, it currently seems to be slow for the first and faster for all other files?!

On the positive side: Both K2S and fboom apparently start their relatively short cool-down period right when you begin a download, not when it's finished, like some other sites. With larger files, no matter what speed you get, that usually means the cool-down is done by the time a download finishes and you can download another file right away.

One more thing: A lot of people seem to have problems with re-captcha lately. I never had any. It's occasionally one, rarely two pages of images to select but quite often, at least for me, there's no captcha at all. I only click the check-box, get the green check-mark immediately and that's it. So personally, I find re-captcha quite comfortable.

Images

I just stumbled upon a file host that I almost forgot about. I don't think anyone mentioned it in this thread: Filesmonster

I only tried a few times to get anything with a free download from that host. It NEVER worked. You get automatically generated multi-part archives but I never managed to download a full set of matching parts for any larger file. Downloads took so long that by the time I got to the last parts, they where usually no longer available. Refreshing the page results in a new set of files with a different name and they where incompatible to the first few files.

I was shocked to see that this absolute piece of crap of a filehost is allowed here. It's the worst I ever encountered and I gave up trying to download anything from filesmonster a long time ago. They are banned on most sites I know and they should be banned here as well.

Elite Prospect
    Images

Upsto.re/ Upstore.net

Offers a maximum of 19.2 kb/s download speed. It does have a cooldown timer between downloads, but the good news is downloads will take so long that the recharge time will likely have passed by the time the first download finishes. Also only allows one download at a time.

Elite Prospect
    Images

Suprafiles part of blockadblock ..... I really dont like filehosts that force you to disable adblockers etc.

dont know if its a new thing, I dont remember running into that before.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by RaptureZ View Post
    Suprafiles part of blockadblock ..... I really dont like filehosts that force you to disable adblockers etc.

dont know if its a new thing, I dont remember running into that before.
    Freakin' Accuweather and Forbes do that now. UK Guardian asks you to whitelist but doesn't force. Many others do one or the other also, just don't recall them off the top.
    2 per cent of humanity has died, is dying or will die from a pandemic. Will there be rioting? Looting? Societal breakdown? No, the remaining 98 percent will rush to stores to purchase large amounts of toilet paper.

Thanks to all of the original artists!

All of my posts : https://vipergirls.to/search.php?do=...st&showposts=1

My Blog : https://video-captain.blogspot.com/

Elite Prospect
    Images

At Filefox.cc free users will experience;

• Download links only last for 12 minutes, beyond which there is no download restart
    • No resume capability
    • Low daily download limit (<1GB), beyond which there will be a message informing you that downloading won't be possible for the rest of the day
    • No parallel downloads
    • Little-no external download acceleration service support
    • 60 second wait time (not too bad, but not great either)
    • 70-100 kb/s download speed (not too bad, but only 5-10% of Zippyshare/ Suprafiles free speed)

Altogether, a pretty bad service for free users, a welcome addition to my s**t list
    Please let me know if something isn't right with one of my posts

Other wonderful model solo megathreads (WIP) ;

Anata/ Mango • Cassie Laine • Lucy O'Hara • Lana Lovelace • Shyla Jennings

8. Liked by 2 users: starletfan, V

Images

Only allow - https://1fichier.com
    Just register don't buy premium and get these benefits
    Super download speed whatever user net speed.
    No captcha, No Download limit
    Download Waiting time
    Maximum size 5GB
    Web-Upload
    Upload-Manager
    FTP-Upload

Check this link - https://1fichier.com/?7fhf3c1dgm

10. Liked by 1 user: SkyBlue

Images

Now mediafire is doing it

2 per cent of humanity has died, is dying or will die from a pandemic. Will there be rioting? Looting? Societal breakdown? No, the remaining 98 percent will rush to stores to purchase large amounts of toilet paper.

Thanks to all of the original artists!

All of my posts : https://vipergirls.to/search.php?do=...st&showposts=1

My Blog : https://video-captain.blogspot.com/

12. Liked by 1 user: V

Images

An interesting thread. I'm guessing host performance is related to region. Some hosts that are receiving complaints about speeds are blazingly quick for me whereas others rated highly are not. Also a couple of mentions of of ReCaptcha, ... I avoid anything that requires using it unless I'm desparate - it's another means for Google to track and collate your movements, along with ad-sendse, analytics and free API's.

14. Liked by 1 user: V

Private Member
    Images

I don't know if rubbing one out will make you go blind, but I am rapidly accumulating evidence that doing recaptchas will. Periodically one of my fileshares will have the interdownload wait period inactivated, and lord, the headache from doing an hour of recaptchas almost makes me wish it was in place. OTOH, a week's worth of D/L's in an hour is a nice thing. And I am totally convinced that the matrix with "cars" is just them being dicks. If someone in the real world ever says to me, "please try again," I will smack them w/o hesitation. ;-) <rant off>

Elite Prospect
    Images

Filefox.cc update

Since my last post, they've added the mechanism from hell; mandatory active tab for countdown progress.

Combined with the other stuff mentioned in my last post, this makes Filefox worse than FileJoker for free users and now claims top spot on my s**t list from FileJoker

Images

Thank you for your reports.

- filefox.cc has been banned for forcing you to keep focus on the download page for the countdown to work
    - mediafire.com has been banned for having anti adblock technology

I see no anti adblock technology at suprafiles.com so it can stay.

I've no problem with reCaptcha. Those select a bunch of photos captches can be completed in a second or two if you click fast. Infinite repeating captchas are most likely an issue with your ad blocker. Allowing the captcha source may solve that issue.

The bans can be lifted should the issues listed above be resolved. It's up to the interested poster to contact the file host.

18. Liked by 1 user: starletfan

Elite Prospect
    Images

since DF is closing its affiliate program soon I guess they try to use ads to earn money instead.

atleast I get this on their page now, never seen that before.

We are sorry! But currently no free download slots for adblock users are available.

Private Member
    Images

I have found that some fileshare limitations for some sites can be overcome by using both a direct access via firefox and through JDownloader2 at the same time. Basically, if I start a free download for, say, Mountfile via firefox, then after an hour I can start a separate concurrent download through JD2, thus doubling my throughput. Don't know how or why this works, just discovered by accident and now run with it. It also works for some other sites, like K2S, but in reverse where I'll have a huge file that requires multiple sessions to complete in JD2, but after starting that I can run a separate concurrent download in firefox. It just is, most of the time. Of course, when the internet flakes out, I scream twice as loud.

21. Liked by 1 user: starletfan

Page 4 of 7 << First ... 23456 ... Last >>