Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>

Thread: Viper Ripper tips and tricks  

Images

Viper Ripper tips and tricks

Using Tabs Outliner to easily collect and capture groups of links, ready to import into Viper Ripper

I've played around with a bunch of utilities and programs to try and find the best solution to grab links/bookmarks, easily exportable, and preferably in whatever groupings you want as you go. Tabs outliner is one solution. It's an addon for Chrome, get it from the chrome store.

Once you've installed it, click on the button added to your addons bar. It will resize your browser window and add one to the side (this seems clumsy, but I understand Chrome doesn't allow for such a toolbar to be placed inside the window. Ah well.) It looks a bit archaic and overwhelming... but for this purpose, it's pretty simple.

There is one setting needed to be changed, under the "General" tab in settings. That's "Do not auto-scroll the main view on active Chrome window switch." Turn this on, this will stop the Tabs Outliner window from flicking around to whatever tab/window you are on in Chrome, and the window will stay static as a target list for you to drop urls onto.

You'll see your current "session", and if you want to play with sessions go for it. If you just want to capture groups of persistent links, don't use this feature or the "window" icon, it will open windows, close it off when you click on it, etc. Also, just leave your current session as is, ignore it. For the purpose of capturing links, hover near the bottom and a toolbar will spring up. Drag the group icon (like an open package), up into the window into a clear space.

You can rename the group to whatever you want by hovering on it and clicking the edit button.

Now you can drag and drop links on top of this "group", and it will capture the url. If you want to get the current page, you can do so by clicking and dragging to the right of the url bar in chrome (where it might say "secure"). You can make as many groups as you want...

When you want to export the links to VR or notepad or whatever, just drag the group into the relevant window, eg the VR "import" screen. Or, you can select the group and Ctrl-C to copy to the clipboard.

Quirks:
    If you want to delete your group all at once, it needs to be collapsed - otherwise it will just delete the group heading and leave all your links. If you want to clear out a group but keep the group title intact, you need to delete all the links inside one by one. These are just niggles really, but it looks like you can get much more control in the full version.

Other tips:
    - You'll notice it works in "nodes", like windows explorer folder tree. If you're a number of big groups, you'll probably want to collapse your groups so that you can see them all at once, instead of the links inside.
    - You can zoom the tabs outliner window like any browser window, using ctrl-mousewheel, if you want to make your targets bigger (or smaller).
    - You can drag or paste lists of urls from elsewhere, or using a utility/addon (like Linkclump) and it will add them as a "note". So these will be included in the group if you paste it elsewhere. Nifty.

2. Liked by 4 users: calipo69, deraskal, JBA121, LeeJames

Images

Re: Some tips for grabbing links for ViperRipper or export

Grabbing all the links from search results pages:

Method with a plugin (Chrome browser):
    1. Installed a plugin called Linkclump
    2. This allows you to copy multiple links to the clipboard by dragging a selection over them.
    3. When you've got the links in the clipboard, go into Viper Ripper, and in the File menu, click "Import Links" then simply paste your text into that box.

Method with a plugin (Firefox browser):
    1. Install an add-on called Snap Links Plus.
    2. Now you can just right click and drag around all the links you want to download, hold down the Ctrl key, release the mouse, and all the links are copied to the clipboard.
    3. With the links in the clipboard, go into Viper Ripper, and in the File menu, click "Import Links" then simply paste your text into that box.

Manual method without a plugin:
    (Note, this sounds like a lengthy process, but it's actually really quick once you get going)

1. On the search results page, right click anywhere and hit 'v' to view source.
    2. Select all the code and copy it
    3. Paste it into a text editor (I highly recommend Notepad2, it's by far the best text editor)
    4. You can do this for as many search results pages as you like - just add them all into the same text file
    5. Press Ctrl+H to do a search and replace.
    Replace this string:
    <a class="title" href="threads
    with this string:
    https://vipergirls.to/threads
    6. Copy the resulting text and close the text file (no need to save it)
    7. Go to www.convertcsv.com/url-extractor.htm
    8. Paste the text into the big text box under "Option 3"
    9. Under "Step 2: Choose output options" click the down arrow to reveal options
    10. Check the box that says "URL contains this string" and enter "threads" in the box
    11. Under "Step 3" click "Extract". Text will appear in the box below. Copy it.
    12. In Viper Ripper, in the File menu, click "Import Links" then simply paste your text into that box.

Voila!

4. Liked by 4 users: Anybody_home, calipo69, deraskal, Sao69

Images

If anyone's having problems with Viper Ripper's job queue, I strongly recommend re-installing. I've done this in the past, but I'm starting to think it's good to do this more often, because I've just done it and Viper Ripper seems to be working a whole lot better now!

Procedure...

1. Make a note of your settings in the settings menu.
    2. Move the entire contents of the Viper Ripper program folder to a different place (as a backup)
    3. Open the installation zip folder and copy all the files into the program folder
    4. Go into the "user" subfolder and copy back three of the old files:
    history.xml
    topics_history
    topics_history_all
    5. Run the program and set up your settings
    6. Don't forget to "Set Download Location"! I forgot to do this and it started downloading to my C drive!
    7. Log in

6. Liked by 4 users: calipo69, JBA121, rl096, Sao69

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJames View Post
    My tip for grabbing all the links from search results pages:
    I rarely do this, but sounds useful. If you do this a great deal, you could automate most of it with something like AutoHotKey, it's not that hard if you've made any macros in the past and are prepared to get to grips with it for an hour or so.

I recently discovered another way to do this or similar, I'll post it below.

8. Liked by 1 user: LeeJames

Images

Viper Ripper tips and tricks

Copy a range of links to clipboard via mouse dragging - Linkclump

Linkclump is another chrome addon (sorry ff users) but I believe there are a number of similar addons around.

The idea is that you use a hotkey in conjunction with dragging the mouse around links, to either open them, bookmark them, or copy them to clipboard.

Right click the addon button to get to options, and if there isn't a default action for "copy to clipboard" (I can't remember, have changed it all) click "add action". Define your hotkey and set it to copy links to clipboard.

The option smart select seems to do a good job to avoid picking up included thumbnails, user profile links etc. You can also add filters if you want to finetune what it picks up.

Then on your page of links whether that be images or search results, use the hotkey and mouse to drag around the desired links. These will be automatically copied to clipboard, ready to past into VR or elsewhere. It's not incremental, you'll need to unload the clipboard each time to save the links.

10. Liked by 1 user: LeeJames

Images

Re: Viper Ripper tips and tricks

Grabbing all open tabs urls to clipboard with CopyAllURLS

So you've opened a bunch of tabs that you decide you want to dl, but don't look forward to going through each one and copying the url for Viper Ripper to pick up?

To grab them all at once to clipboard, install the chrome addon CopyAllURLS. Hit the button and copy, and a list of your current session urls will be in your clipboard ready to be pasted/imported.

12. Liked by 1 user: LeeJames

Images

Copying multiple search results to the clipboard (Firefox)

Use an add-on called Snap Links Plus. Once installed, you just right click and drag around all the links, hold down shift, release the mouse, and all the links are copied to the clipboard.

14. Liked by 2 users: calipo69, Sao69

Images

How do I grab ONLY a selection of photos ? And not everything in the group ?
    Hello from Texas lets trade photos. (Adults Only 21 or higher)

Images

Wat is Tab Out liner ?

Images

Is Chrome a better browser to use for downloading images than Firefox ?

Images

It would seem that chrome is a better browser than firefox.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder846 View Post
    How do I grab ONLY a selection of photos ? And not everything in the group ?
    You can't do that as far as I know with Viper Ripper. You'd need to use another gallery grabber that allows this, or open and right-click save the image, from linked image page.

Wat is Tab Out liner ?
    See the first post.

Is Chrome a better browser to use for downloading images than Firefox ?
    Of course there are arguments but bottom line they are just different browsers with strengths and weaknesses. I moved to Chrome mainly because of the wide addon/plugin support, which usually occurs when a browser gets more popular, and because it runs a bit faster on my pc. You can probably do pretty much the same thing in either whatever it is with the help of plugins.

20. Liked by 1 user: sidewinder846

Images

It would seem that chrome is a better browser than firefox.
    Not in the opinion of many. Chrome is robust but gives you far less control. Firefox is far more customizable and has more add-ons, which I like so I can set the browser up the way I want it instead of feeling like I'm in a strait jacket.

Chrome doesn't offer any features that Firefox didn't already have, the only reason it got popular is because Google are powerful so they promoted the hell out of it.

The only advantage of Chrome that I'm aware of is that it is now even more secure than Firefox, while Firefox is still very secure, and better for privacy - so take your pick.

I see Firefox as the choice for the kind of people who are a bit more technical and like more control - like PC users. While Chrome is for people who just want something that works well and don't care what's under the hood, like Mac users.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by LeeJames View Post
    I see Firefox as the choice for the kind of people who are a bit more technical and like more control - like PC users. While Chrome is for people who just want something that works well and don't care what's under the hood, like Mac users.
    You're comparing me to a one-button usin' mac user? Ouch!

Seriously though, I'd still be on firefox, except at some stage a year or more ago it went through a very "broke" stage, taking 30 secs to load up, grinding my system down, updates every day it seemed, etc. I actually think they are pretty similar at this point... there are now excellent privacy addons for Chrome, and one of the main issues of concern, that of everything being tracked through your google profile, is optional.

Main point I feel though with this debate is, thank goodness for competition (even if some of it comes from behemoths like Google and Microsoft). Without a few fish snapping in the water we'd be left with one choice... no good.

Images

Migrating back to firefox, so your tips have been helpful LeeJames.

Why? I have deduced just how much of a memory hog Chrome is. Using a rather old computer (my normal one died), using Chrome lags the whole system down to a crawl once a couple of tabs are open. Finding that Firefox is much better for memory usage and management, particularly with the newer version, which also has a very streamlined and clean interface. So +1 to Firefox, particularly if you are a bit short on memory.

24. Liked by 1 user: LeeJames

Page 1 of 2 12 Last >>