Thread: Bai Ling  

•  

Bai Ling

Date of Birth
    10 October 1966, Chengdu, China

Height
    5' 3" (1.60 m)

Mini Biography
    Born in the southern city Cheng Du of China, Bai Ling began her career at the age of 14. She enlisted In the Chinese People's Liberation Army where she spent three years in a performance troop entertaining soldiers stationed in Tibet. Bai Ling first gained the attention of audiences and critics alike when she won the coveted lead role opposite Richard Gere in Jon Avnet's Red Corner (1997). She received numerous accolades including the prestigious Breakthrough Performance Award from the National Board of Review. She also garnered the Discovery Star awarded by the Hollywood Women's Press Club for their Golden Apple Awards. While developing her remarkable facility with the English language, Bai Ling has worked with prestigious filmmakers such as 'Oliver Stone' in Nixon (1995), 'George Lucas' in Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005), 'Will Smith' in Wild Wild West (1999), Spike Lee in She Hate Me (2004), 'Jodie Foster' in _Anna the King (1999)_, Ang Lee in The Wedding Banquet (1993), Alex Proyas in The Crow (1994), Angelina Jolie in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow (2004), and Luc Besson's French movie Taxi 3 (2003), in which she spoke French. Also Bai starred in Terrence Malick's Broadway show Sansho the Bailiff. Bai Ling dazzled audiences with her portrayal of the sexy, mysterious Achara in the hit TV series "Lost" (2004), and intrigued audiences with her seductive exhilarating role in HBO's "Entourage" (2004).

Bai Ling was awarded the Asian Oscar for her daring, brilliant performance in her first Hong Kong film Dumplings. Her performance also earned her an additional 3 major awards in the Far East. She received the Spirit Diversity Award by The Hollywood Motion Picture Association. Her film Southland Tales (2006), directed by Richard Kelly was in competition at the Cannes Film Festival.

Bai just starred in and executive produced the movie Shanghai Baby. She has also recently completed 8 movies and most proudly worked with Taylor Hackford in Love Ranch (2010), co-starring with Helen Mirren and Joe Pesci, which just premiered in US. Bai also starred in a crazy role in worldwide release Lionsgate comedy action Crank: High Voltage (2009) with costar with Jason Statham. And just finished her first 3D film Back 2 Hell.

Sponsor
      Images

Cool Bai Ling

cashcorn
      still a hottie..

Elite Prospect
      Images

areacode212
      She's supposed to appear in Playboy pretty soon. She was also going to appear in Episode III, but Lucas cut her scenes out.

Elite Prospect
      Images
      Quote Originally Posted by areacode212
      She's supposed to appear in Playboy pretty soon. She was also going to appear in Episode III, but Lucas cut her scenes out.
      She already has...

cooldude6
      Great update sade, but I must say that this wasn't worth it seeing that she was kicked out of the movie for posing in this. Could be better but she looks better than I thought she use to.

Sponsor
      Images
      I don't think she got kicked out because of the playboy pictures, and if she did, I think that she'd have a pretty good lawsuit on her hands. To my knowledge, Lucas didn't want the extra scenes with random senators, so her very small part in the movie was removed.

Btw, great post Sade, thanks a lot!

8. Liked by 2 users: dbvegeta39, janusz_mc

Elite Prospect
      Images
      i believe it was due to her posing, because george lucas' own daughter was in that same scene and she was cut out too. i don't think lucas would have cut out his own daughter unless something like this happened. lucas probably doesn't want his movies to have any connection with playboybeing as how he has said that his movies have a family type thing about it. funny thing is that george taught us early about incest with that whole luke and leia kiss.

10. Liked by 2 users: dbvegeta39, janusz_mc

Elite Prospect
      Images
      Lovely girl!! thanks for all the pictures

12. Liked by 2 users: dbvegeta39, janusz_mc

knilch
      Wow!
      Great pics.
      Thank you for posting

Images
      I love Asian woman, love 'em!

15. Liked by 2 users: dbvegeta39, janusz_mc

Ion
      She was supposed to appear in the movie with a painted costume, ie naked almost. I doubt she was cut because of playboy. Probably cut out to preserve a pg-13 rating or because of plot issues.

Images
      I'll never forget when The Crow pecked her eyes out. :eeeek:

18. Liked by 2 users: dbvegeta39, janusz_mc

SalaciousTunare
      lol had nothing to do with playboy whatsoever.

Ewan McGregor has shown his mule in a softcore gay movie.

Lucas had also cut a second scene Ba Ling was not in, that had his other daughter in it.

Elite Prospect
      Images
      some Star Wars promo candid shots ... almost HQ:

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... Last >>