Page 4 of 8 << First ... 23456 ... Last >>

Thread: VRipper X (Cross-platform Gallery Ripper)  

Images

Re: VRipper X (MacOS / Linux)

I wish there was a separate start download button for each task. It may already be there but I can't find it.

Images

Many are coming up as "Multi-Quote This Message.null"
    Remember RIP for those who used to be there!

Images

Why is it every time we get a Mac compatible version of the ripper it stops being supported? I have resorted back to IHG due to the problems this ripper has with img.yt and too many simultaneous connections, but IHG has its issues with impacting browser performance while its running (known issue and last time I saw it commented on by the developers it was too difficult to fix).

Images

Just a note to say thanks for this. I've waited for years for this to be developed and I'm quite happy with how it functions.

Images

no matter what i do with previous things mentioned in this thread everytime i try open VRipperX i get a blank white screen...any suggestions?? I even did the command prompt thing mentioned earlier here

Images

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtime View Post
    Is there any way to reduce the number of simultaneous connections the program makes? Have to keep reloading on anything from img.yt since that site starts throwing 503 errors if you open more than 8 simultaneous connections.
    diff --git a/src/tools/qRequest.js b/src/tools/qRequest.js
    index 1c6dfb2..6af3e05 100644
    --- a/src/tools/qRequest.js
    +++ b/src/tools/qRequest.js
    @@ -7,7 +7,7 @@ const _ = require('lodash')

const UA_DESKTOP = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.116 Safari/537.36'
    const UA_MOBILE = 'Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B137 Safari/601.1'
    -const REQUEST_CONCURRENCY = 15
    +const REQUEST_CONCURRENCY = 7
    const REQUEST_RETRY_LIMIT = 5
    const REQUEST_INT_BASE = 250
    const Qs = new Map()

did the trick for me

7. Liked by 1 user: somethingtime

Images

hi, there a user with mac osx el capitan, and suddenly the vripperX stops working, even if i restart the app or the system, the app window stay white and i have to force to quit it.
    i try erasing the app and reinstall it but it doesn't work.

i don't want to lose the list of all the urls that i've added before, in which folder and file can i find them?

thanks!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by shmget View Post
    diff --git a/src/tools/qRequest.js b/src/tools/qRequest.js
    index 1c6dfb2..6af3e05 100644
    --- a/src/tools/qRequest.js
    +++ b/src/tools/qRequest.js
    @@ -7,7 +7,7 @@ const _ = require('lodash')

const UA_DESKTOP = 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_3) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.116 Safari/537.36'
    const UA_MOBILE = 'Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 9_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/601.1.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/9.0 Mobile/13B137 Safari/601.1'
    -const REQUEST_CONCURRENCY = 15
    +const REQUEST_CONCURRENCY = 7
    const REQUEST_RETRY_LIMIT = 5
    const REQUEST_INT_BASE = 250
    const Qs = new Map()

did the trick for me
    Excellent! Thank you. I had missed that when I trawled through the code. I was able to set it to 8 instead of 7 and still have success.

Images

What am I supposed to do with this code?

Images

Complete reinstall Viper Ripper X?

I initially used Viper Ripper, but eventually the software became buggy. When I upgraded to Viper X, everything was fine but the bugs eventually came back. The Viper Ripper screen is now blank. It works, but I cannot adjust preferences.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs but that does not help.

What can I do to either fix the problem or do a 100% uninstall and start over?

12. Liked by 1 user: FreeBeerTomorrow

Images

Re: Complete reinstall Viper Ripper X?

Quote Originally Posted by mikedow View Post
    I initially used Viper Ripper, but eventually the software became buggy. When I upgraded to Viper X, everything was fine but the bugs eventually came back. The Viper Ripper screen is now blank. It works, but I cannot adjust preferences.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both programs but that does not help.

What can I do to either fix the problem or do a 100% uninstall and start over?
    +1

Images

So I have a slightly dumb question. Every time I go to download images using VG Ripper, it downloads the gallery as html files instead of .jpg files. I've never had this issue until recently when downloading. Anyone have an idea on what I might be doing wrong?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by somethingtime View Post
    Excellent! Thank you. I had missed that when I trawled through the code. I was able to set it to 8 instead of 7 and still have success.
    Hi, and thanks for this. I'm no coder, but did find the concurrent request line to change in the .app file. Not sure to do with the previous code though, I'd assume it is used to avoid the javascript errors that the request change causes. I'd most appreciate instruction on how to implement this...

Thanks again!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by zrypic View Post
    hi, there a user with mac osx el capitan, and suddenly the vripperX stops working, even if i restart the app or the system, the app window stay white and i have to force to quit it.
    i try erasing the app and reinstall it but it doesn't work.

i don't want to lose the list of all the urls that i've added before, in which folder and file can i find them?

thanks!
    no one?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by alanr01 View Post
    I'd assume it is used to avoid the javascript errors that the request change causes. I'd most appreciate instruction on how to implement this...
    No, there is no javascript 'error'
    VRipper is trying to download REQUEST_CONCURRENCY number of image in parallel. some image server kick you out if you exceed what _they_ think is reasonable... so if the parellelism setting is higher than their limit the download will fails past a certain point.

How to 'implement' this: download the source repo, patch the file as indicated, build the app (read instructions) and use that version. That is the beauty of open source software: you _can_ fix/improve the software, rather than post wishes and hope for the best :-)

18. Liked by 1 user: alanr01

Page 4 of 8 << First ... 23456 ... Last >>