Thread: Joanna Quan  

Elite Prospect
    Images

Joanna Quan

I was surprised to not find anything on this girl here. She's the cover girl of DSport magazine this month (Oct issue). Enjoy!

DSPORT: Joanna, tell us a little about yourself.
    Joanna: Well I'm Filipino, Rosco Umali status! 22, born and raised in Long Beach.

DSPORT: Did you grow up alone or did you have a brother or sister to help you along??
    Joanna: I have a younger brother, but I think we helped each other.

DSPORT: Tell us a bit about your journey from the LBC to the cover of DSPORT. How did you start modeling?
    Joanna: I just kind of fell into it, but my cousin Alex pretty much got me going. It was like a chain reaction, one person knows someone and then they know someone and so on. Eventually word got around and people started asking me to do shoots and evetns for them.

DSPORT: As a model you get to travel quite a bit. What are your favorite hot spots?
    Joanna: I love New York City! The shopping and fashion in New York is amazing. If I'm just looking to party, then Vegas is the spot. There are so many places to have a good time in Vegas. When I need to kick back I just sit down in-front of a slot machine and test my luck.

DSPORT: Where would you go for your dream vacation?
    Joanna: My dream vacation would be to the Bahamas or Tahiti, where I could just bask in the sunset.

DSPORT: Well I think it's obvious you like to go out with your friends. What do you think they would say about you if we asked them?
    Joanna: "Stay Classy" is what my friend Micah always tells me. I think more than anything else they would tell you that I'm just pretty chill. Someone once told me I am always in the best of moods and never lose my cool.

DSPORT: Sounds like Micah must be related to Ron Burgundy. How about your ex-boyfriend? What do you think he would complain about and what do you think he would miss?
    Joanna: To be honest with you my ex-boyfriend is a gentleman. I don't think he would take the time to speak poorly of me, but he might complain a bit. I take a long time when I'm getting ready to go somewhere and I'm a bit of an impulse buyer.

DSPORT: You definitely leave a good impression on people then, what dates have you been on that have left an impression on you?
    Joanna: My most memorable date is probably the best first date I've ever been on. It was not so much what we did, it was how he behaved. To begin with he carried himself with a lot of confidence. When he came to pick me up he almost immediately complimented me on my appearance and it came across in the most sincere manner. The rest of the evening he conducted himself as a gentleman should, he opened and held doors for me, held my chair while I sat down and let me order before him. I know there's nothing marvelous about all that, but today it's so rare to experience. What really topped it off was his ability to make me laugh, it really made me feel comfortable with him and I ended up have such a great time.

My second most memorable was a stupid blind date I went on. I don't really even remember what we did, but I've never seen someone try so hard to "make a move" before.

DSPORT: Which would you rather cruise around in an SUV or a sports car?
    Joanna: It would have to be a sports car. I like the luxury of the SUV's but I love the control of a true sports car.

DSPORT: So what was your first car?
    Joanna: My first car was a BMW 325i. When my parents got it for me. I was totally surprised. I would have never expected such a nice car.

DSPORT: I'm jealous. If you could get any car to replace your BMW, what would it be?
    Joanna: 1964-1/2 Mustang; I love the way old muscle cars look.

DSPORT: Do you prefer drag racing over drifting?
    Joanna: I actually prefer drifting. Almost everyone I know is involved in drifting one way or another. Really what is the point of watching something by yourself anyway?

DSPORT: Do you think that drifting is something that would frighten you?
    Joanna: No way, I'm not afraid of anything, bring it on. Ok, I might be afraid of something like the world ending. I really don't think I have to be too worried about that.

DSPORT: What are your most and least favorite features about yourself?
    Joanna: Well my favorite would be my eyes. Not only do they let me see the world around me, they seem to catch a lot of people's attention. My least favorite would be my height.

DSPORT: I understand you completed nursing school. Are you currently working as a nurse?
    Joanna: Yes, I just finished nursing school. I'm not yet a nurse since I haven't taken my boards yet, but I am studying for them. I really look forward to being a nurse.

DSPORT: Well Joanna, it has been a pleasure talking with you and we hope you stop by again in the future. Is there anything else that you'd like to share with our readers?
    Joanna: Yes. I want to say what's up to all the DSPORT readers and of course my friends and family. Also, I just want to say thank you to DSPORT for putting me on the cover and being so nice to work with.

2. Liked by 2 users: Jimbo, The Watcher