Thread: Hilary Swank  

•  

Hilary Swank

Date of Birth
    July 30, 1974, Lincoln, Nebraska, USA

Height
    5' 6" (1.68 m)

Mini Biography
    Hilary was born in Lincoln, Nebraska, to Judith Kay (Clough), a secretary, and Stephen Michael Swank, who served in the National Guard and was also a traveling salesman. Her maternal grandmother, Frances Martha Dominguez, was of Mexican descent, and her other roots include German, English, and Scottish. During her early childhood, her family moved to Spokane, Washington, and when she was six, to Bellingham, Washington.

Hilary was discovered as a child by producer Suzy Sachs, who coached her in acting. When she was nine years old, she starred in her first play as "Mowgli" in "The Jungle Book". She began to appear regularly in local theater and school plays. She went to school in Bellingham, where she lived with her family, until she was 16. She competed in the Junior Olympics and Washington State championships in swimming; she ranked 5th in the state in all-around gymnastics (which would come in handy for starring in The Next Karate Kid (1994) years later). In 1990, Hilary and her mother moved to Los Angeles, where she enrolled in South Pasadena High School, and started acting professionally. She appeared in Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) but The Next Karate Kid (1994), where she got the part competing against hundreds of other actresses, was her breakout role. Ever since then, she has been much in demand and has worked non-stop in movies. She won the Best Actress Oscar for playing "Brandon Teena" in Boys Don't Cry (1999). In addition to the Oscar, Hilary won the Golden Globe Award for "Best Actress in a Drama" and "Best Actress" prizes from The New York Film Critics, The Los Angeles Film Critics, The Chicago Film Critics and The Broadcast Film Critics Association. She also won the "Breakthrough Performance" prize from The National Board of Review.

Hilary then appeared in supporting roles opposite Cate Blanchett and Keanu Reeves in Sam Raimi's The Gift (2000) and opposite Al Pacino and Robin Williams in Christopher Nolan's Insomnia (2002). Hilary then starred as "Alice Paul" in HBO's Iron Jawed Angels (2004), which told the story of the women's suffragist movement and she was honored with both SAG and Golden Globe nominations for her performance in this film. In 2004, Hilary starred opposite Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman as the title character in Eastwood's Million Dollar Baby (2004); the story of a young woman's quest to realize her dream of becoming a professional boxer. For this performance, she was honored with her second Academy Award for "Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role" and has garnered "Best Actress" prizes from the National Society of Film Critics, the Screen Actors Guild, The Broadcast Film Critics, and a Golden Globe for "Best Lead Actress in a Drama".

Hilary Swank is the third youngest woman in history to win two Academy Awards for "Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role".

She subsequently had a supporting role opposite Scarlett Johansson and Josh Hartnett in Brian De Palma's The Black Dahlia (2006), starred in Freedom Writers (2007), the true story of Long Beach schoolteacher, Erin Gruwell, The Reaping (2007) for Warner Brothers, and reunited with her Freedom Writers (2007) writer/director, Richard LaGravenese, starring in the film adaptation of Cecelia Ahern's novel, P.S. I Love You (2007).

An aficionado for anything that involves the outdoors, she enjoys: sky diving, river rafting and skiing.

Sponsor
      Images

Cool Hilary Swank

bobcash
      nice chick

KOAUI
      thx guys

Images
      Great Post, Thanks

Images
      a few more...

Enjoy!

Baddle
      Feel free to click on THANKS or repost!

Elite Prospect
      Images

Oyaatha_alai
      that's one nice collection of her!! thanks.

ramones182
      to me sometimes she looks good, and sometimes she doesn't....but those are some nice pics

Images
      she has an absolutely incredible body, it's her face that doesn't photograph consistently.

Banned
      Images
      I use to not think she was pretty but after seeing some of her newer pics my opinion has changed. She's looking alot prettier.

Sadako
      She's not the classical "babe", but Uma Thurman isn't either, and I sure like Uma. >_>

After seeing "Boy's Don't Cry" again half an hour ago, Hilary stole my heart again.
      It's so sad, her pain of not being what she wants to be, I see a few similar things when I watch in the mirror since I am born as a male, but with more female hormones then I should have... I'm not sad about being a boy, but I wouldn't mind waking up tomorrow as a complete girl either. :p

Btw: The fact that the story of Brandon Teena, or Teena Brandon, happened in real life back in 1993 adds an extra dosis of sadness to the movie and the tragic character Hilary plays. :'(

For those who are interested, this was the real Teena.

Edit: Also freaky is that Hilary was born in Lincoln, Nebraska. Same place as where the whole story took place irl.

Elite Prospect
      Images

Elite Prospect
      Images

masterX
      shes definitly very hot

Elite Prospect
      Images

Thumbs up [09/02/05] Hilary Swank @ Concert for Hurricane Relief - x1

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... Last >>