Page 5 of 8 << First ... 34567 ... Last >>

Thread: VRipper (MacOS / Linux)  

Images

Re: VRipper (MacOS / Linux)

To HumpherBackside's request I offer an explanation

Prelude: I don't have and maintain list of many image hostings with rules how to handle each, it would've been too much work. Instead I wrote "smart" code that tries to handle any image hosting.

About "search for original filename":
    Let's say we have thumbnail img yt/upload/small/2016/01/17/569b78795278b.jpg
    If I replace 'small' with 'big' I'll get link to full-size image, and I wouldn't need to visit actual hosting page (img yt/img-569b7879527dd.html), It speeds up whole process, a lot.
    But from those links I can only know that image name is 569b78795278b.jpg
    If you turn on "search for original filenames" program will be forced to visit hosting page and look for name, which is _DSC0001.jpg

search for original filename
    ON - higher chance of getting original name, slower downloading process
    OFF - lesser chance of finding original name, faster downloading

About prefixes: (001 -)
    I always turn them on, here is why: image hostings that 100% do not have original names will totally mess order
    If you would like to rename multiple files, e.g. remove first 5 symbols, there are free tools to automate it (https://renamer.com/)
    google something like "mac os(linux or w/e) batch rename

Images

viller--

Thank you for that excellent explanation! I understand the trade-offs and I believe your approach is very sound.

I use both GPRename and KRename quite a bit (they each have different strengths).
    Twice as crazy as I would be, if I was half as crazy as I am.

Images

Thank you very much. You made a very very useful program.

It works fine on CentOS 7 and Debian (Jessie). It freezes on Slackware 14 with Fluxbox, but runs fine on KDE.
    All distros are 64-bit.

Again, thank you very much.

Images

Thank you for this great program
    Is it possible to tell VRipper to download only one set of the several present in one thread?
    Thank you,
    Tzimo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by tzimo View Post
    Is it possible to tell VRipper to download only one set of the several present in one thread?
    Don't copy the URL at the browser's address bar. Copy the URL referenced by the post number.

6. Liked by 3 users: joshnorton, tzimo, V

Images

Thanks
    I was spoiled by ViperRipper who asked me which set to download and did not notice the post number deal ....
    Thanks again.

Images

viller--

I had not tried 'start clipboard monitoring' until today, but when I clicked on it, the download url did not appear in the url bar or the queue list, and instead I got this dialog (underneath):

https://dpaste.com/11TDG6R

At this point VRipper was in the weeds (e.g., no downloads were incremented and clicking the 'stop clipboard monitoring' button had no effect) and I had to close it and reload it to make it continue. Downloads were not adversely affected so far as I can tell.

I thought this might be due to me having JDownloader 2 beta also running with clipboard monitoring, so I tried both disabling monitoring in JD2 and unloading JD2, but neither had any observable effect.

When I click VRipper's 'start clipboard monitoring' in a cleanly loaded VRipper session, any previously queued downloads continue downloading. However, as soon as I 'copy link location' from the right-click menu for #[postnumber], VRipper goes in the weeds and stops visible activity. Curiously, once I close VRipper and reload it, the selected clipboard entry does appear in the download queue, but I must click 'start/resume all tasks' to make it go active.

This may be specific to my own setup, I realize.

Linux [hostname].cos.lan 4.1.13-100.fc21.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 10 13:13:20 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Images

viller--

A minor quibble, but have you considered adding a revision number or date to the filename for the downloads available at the OP of this thread?

Presently, I must download the same-named tarball and run binary diff on it to see whether a new version has been posted. This is not a huge deal, but it would be easier to identify whether changes had been made if the filename had something to reflect version and/or date.

Images

To the linux guys who are getting an error. Sorry.
    If you really need "clipboard monitoring", and I bet you do, use previous version before I make new release:
    linux x32 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...linux-ia32.zip
    linux x64 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-linux-x64.zip

Good call on naming releases
    So far there is "v0.0.4" latest release that is buggy for linux but has autothanks. And it's located in "VRnew" folder
    And previous "v0.0.3" release is located in "VR" folder
    e.g. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10935513/VR/VRipper-linux-ia32.zip and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10935513/VRnew/VRipper-linux-ia32.zip

11. Liked by 1 user: DooRetsam

Images

Damn, it's nice to have a Mac tool that works this good. Thanks!

Images

A really nice little tool that I couldn't work out how to use until I read through the forum pages and just clicked on the Vripper. I'm working in Linux and for some reason I just saw the bit about Windows and passed on by. When I did download and used it, the program works just fine. No need for Wine either. I'm running 32 bit Ubuntu. For newbie Linux users I just clicked on the icon and when the window popped up I just clicked Activate clipboard monitoring and then clicked on a gallery I wanted to download, clicked the download with Viper Ripper. Firefox flashes up a page saying cannot resolve address but if you highlight the vt address in the address bar and copy and paste to the Vripper address bar and hit enter it downloads. Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.
    Brilliant bit of kit guys, really pleased with it.
    Keep up the good work.

Images

I just wanted to take a second and say thanks to the creators of this program. I used to use a plug-in with my firefox, but it has since crapped out. However, this program works perfectly with my Mac. I haven't experienced any issues. Great job! Thank you for your time to create this and thank you for sharing it! Much Appreciated!

Cheers

Images

Thank you for the Mac Tool !!!

Images

It's great to have it for Mac however it only works for those with 10.9 and above... How about developing for those below (maybe from 10.5, I doubt anyone remained on Classic).

Images

unfortunately whether i use the clipboad monitoring or copy / paste on my mac, the download bar stays red and no download is done. Behind the file name stands (0 / 130 / 130) for a set with 130 files.

I disabled the firewall, set vr to the trusted programs but vr doesnt want to download the pictures. I use an external HD, the pass to the HD is correctly set.

Who can help me?

EDIT: Solved, the HDD was formatet in NTFS, the mac couldnt write on that. I formated to Apple and it worked!

Page 5 of 8 << First ... 34567 ... Last >>