Page 2 of 2 << First 12

Thread: Viper Ripper (Windows) Download Images 

Images

Re: Viper Ripper (Windows)

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug or not: When ripping images from Pixhost.to the images are automatically renumbered every time, no matter if "Grab original filenames" is checked or unchecked. So images end up as 1_001.jpeg, etc. Maybe it was just never done for Pixhost but I'm not sure why VR does not get the original filename anyway. The actual filename is something like "77946647_femjoy_18325574_012.jpg". That also appears in the urls and is displayed on the page that Pixhost serves the image on without the "77946647_" so it should be possible to actually grab the filename. If not it would be nice if "Grab original filename" would NOT renumber the images, since it would be very easy to rename them myself if VR doesn't do it.

Thanks for a great app and all the work that goes into providing it!
    ~~Some of my Photoset Faves~~ | ~~Some of my Video Faves~~
    Currently on Hiatus from Posting because of RL issues.

2. Thanked by 1 user: VTR

Images

I've asked this a number of times with no response. Not that long ago VR used to number files only as 1_nnn when the preference "Save posts in sub folders" was checked, if that preference was off then the files would be saved with an incrementing post# rather than just 1_. Since some time earlier this year VR changed that behaviour, now VR increments the post # regardless of the preference setting, so we get individual sub-folders with files named 1_nnn, 2_nnn, 3_nnn, etc. This makes merging identical shoots missing a few shots very time consuming, sometimes impossible. If necessary I can backtrack all the versions to find when this behaviour changed (I have all the zips).

4. Thanked by 1 user: VTR

Images

Quote Originally Posted by PhilP View Post
    I've asked this a number of times with no response. Not that long ago VR used to number files only as 1_nnn when the preference "Save posts in sub folders" was checked, if that preference was off then the files would be saved with an incrementing post# rather than just 1_. Since some time earlier this year VR changed that behaviour, now VR increments the post # regardless of the preference setting, so we get individual sub-folders with files named 1_nnn, 2_nnn, 3_nnn, etc. This makes merging identical shoots missing a few shots very time consuming, sometimes impossible. If necessary I can backtrack all the versions to find when this behaviour changed (I have all the zips).
    Is it just the presence of the #_ that is the issue? If so, if you don't get a fix for this or it takes a while... you've got the option of a good renaming program to fix this for you. Most will do something like this, if you want a suggestion I've tried a bunch and Renamer has been the most useful free one, search for den4b Renamer.

Click on the bottom left icon of the status bar, and check that files within folders and include subfolders are ticked.

If you want to delete all #_ prefixes, add a Replace rule, make it *_ and tick the "Interpret wildcards..." option. In the case of adding folders where these affected downloads are mixed in, have a think about whether there might be files in there that that might not have the prefix, and an underscore within the name, as they will be changed too. If so you'll need to be specific with giving it the right folders. If they have underscores further in the name, but have the prefix, they should be ok, just check the preview first.

Drag and drop your folder/folders of affected files onto the list, check the preview renaming to be sure you got it right, and process.
    Last edited by Sao69; Today at 01:17.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sao69 View Post
    OK pretty sure I found the root of the problem and other issues I've been having. Viper Ripper isn't usually unloading on exiting the program, and I have seen up to 5 copies running in Windows Task Manager...

Edit: hmmm, not sure about this being a VR problem now, just been having other non related issues occurring since I've noticed this the last few hours. Will observe and see....
    After keeping an eye on it, this issue of Viper Ripper being left in memory just seems to sporadically happen. It's a niggle but not a killer problem now I know to check. I guess if the next version has some more error checking, it might catch what is going on!

Page 2 of 2 << First 12