Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viper Ripper (Windows) Download Images 

Images

Re: Viper Ripper (Windows)

Thank you for the new VR version. On the whole, everything works.
    I noticed today with all pimpandhost links, the ViperRipper claims that he does not find any images, although the images are present.
    This behavior can also be found in version 1.05.

Examples:

https://vipergirls.to/threads/304111...1#post28753112
    https://vipergirls.to/threads/161965...1#post28752166
    https://vipergirls.to/threads/883806...1#post28752060

2. Thanked by 4 users: fuzz1ons, gubble, skorv, walls

Images

We will take a look at pimpandhost.com and see if we can push a host update without an application update.

Images

Thanks for the app. I get this error pretty frequently though. Have a look please. Maybe someone can help please?

I open a thread, click Download Images, and ViperRipper starts up, but pops up that error.
    I click OK, and ViperRipper proceeds to download the set anyway.

It's a minor annoyance but quite frequent too. Just figured you code gurus would like to know.

I don't think this error happens if I first start ViperRipper then click "Download Images" within a thread/post. It seems to only happen when ViperRipper is not open and clicking "Download Images" starts the application. I could be wrong though.

Win7 64bit, Firefox 55.0.3 64-bit, ViperRipper 1.06, logged in constantly to ViperRipper, 16GB memory

Thanks.
    Last edited by gokkunfan; 16th September 2017 at 03:48.

5. Thanked by 2 users: fuzz1ons, gubble

Images

Quote Originally Posted by gokkunfan View Post
    Thanks for the app. I get this error pretty frequently though. Have a look please. Maybe someone can help please?

I open a thread, click Download Images, and ViperRipper starts up, but pops up that error.
    I click OK, and ViperRipper proceeds to download the set anyway.

It's a minor annoyance but quite frequent too. Just figured you code gurus would like to know.

I don't think this error happens if I first start ViperRipper then click "Download Images" within a thread/post. It seems to only happen when ViperRipper is not open and clicking "Download Images" starts the application. I could be wrong though.

Win7 64bit, Firefox 55.0.3 64-bit, ViperRipper 1.06, logged in constantly to ViperRipper, 16GB memory

Thanks.
    Please try this:

For those having issues with the vr: protocol (used with the download images link): the tools folder contains a bunch of scripts. Two are important: cleanup.bat and protocol.bat. Run cleanup.bat as an administrator and then protocol.bat as an administrator. The first removes all historic traces of the protocol and the second re-registers it. You need a Windows OS supporting powershell though (Win 7+).

7. Thanked by 1 user: gokkunfan

Images

"Remove previous traces of the viper ripper. Download v1.06 and run it once. Close it. Open the tools folder and first run cleanup.bat as administrator and then protocol.bat. Now run the ripper once as administrator. Those steps should ensure a whole reset of the vr protocol which is used with "download images".

Hi,
    I have been a membe for approx 6 weeeks and in this las 6 weeks I had a roughly 2/3 week period when I could download. In last week or so the "download images" has not been working again. I have tried the above advice running those things but, it merely shows the ripper boxes-with nothing in them to download. Any other suggestions woule be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Images

Thanks V, I ran through your instructions. Hopefully that solves the problem. Many thanks for your help!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post

Remove previous traces of the viper ripper. Download v1.06 and run it once. Close it. Open the tools folder and first run cleanup.bat as administrator and then protocol.bat. Now run the ripper once as administrator. Those steps should ensure a whole reset of the vr protocol which is used with "download images".
    Belated thanks! This didn't work at first because I had installed the app on multiple drives in the past. Found and deleted all prior versions, ran cleanup and protocol, started app as admin, and I'm golden.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by V View Post
    We will take a look at pimpandhost.com and see if we can push a host update without an application update.
    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I believe this behavior is not dramatic, because all the pimpandhost.com links I've found are sample images from a set, thumbnail overviews or video screenshots.

Images

Viper Ripper Problem

The Ripper dont save all the Post where Added, when you exit the program.

Images

Thank you V.

Version 1.06 is working well for me on Fedora 21 under that rather old release's version of wine (it is difficult to upgrade wine to the latest version under F21, which I still use on my primary system for various reasons).

Since wine cannot run .bat files, I temporarily turned myself into a bat and performed the registry edits manually.

I have unchecked 'Start jobs automatically' in Preferences. When I click 'Start', I get repeated error dialogs (one per queued topic) reading:

Problem occured while parsing topic image links.

This may of course be an artifact of running in the wine environment but it has not occurred with previous versions. The error report does not appear to impact downloading any way. I did copy the following files from my v1.05 user directory after first test run of v1.06; this also might be the source of the error:

history.xml
    topics_history
    topics_history_all

By the way, the new successful/failed/total display per topic is wonderful!
    Last edited by HumpherBackside; 20th September 2017 at 18:23. Reason: Better specificity
    Twice as crazy as I would be, if I was half as crazy as I am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12