Page 4 of 45 << First ... 2345614 ... Last >>

Thread: Viper Ripper (Windows Gallery Ripper)  

Images

Re: Viper Ripper (Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by zx11c3 View Post
    I have the same problem. I contacted Turbo without any reply. I can't get IHG or BID to rip them either. I have over a million images on their servers. Makes those posts nothing but junk.
    Any update on this issue? Checked turboimagehost's forum yesterday and there doesn't appear to be any mention of this problem.

Private Member
    Images

Sorry if asked earlier. I searched the thread for "imx.to" related posts and returned zero results, so asking now:

1. Why does VRipper rename files it downloads from imx.to? It shows the OG filenames in the image-list window, but it saves under a different filename altogether, even after I have enabled "Grab Original filenames" under Preferences. Sometimes it is img_xx.jpeg and sometimes its the folder/thread name.jpeg. The later makes quite a mess.

2. Why does VRipper rename the extension to jpeg even tho OG extension of the image files is jpg? This causes problems with image compression softwares like Ceasium that treat the two extensions very differently. Again, this happens even after enabling "Grab original filenames".

3. In case a few files fail in a batch, how do I get VRipper to retry just the failed files? If I click the "Retry" option. It starts downloading all the files all over again, not just the failed files. I disabled "Overwrite existing files" in the hope of VRipper maybe skipping the files already present, but it just renames them, but still gets all the files again.

Elite Prospect
    Images

1. May I ask which version of Viper Ripper you are running? For the most part, I've experienced imx galleries to download with original filenames. Only a few older galleries (which might not even have been hosted on IMX) download with thread names. Also it may help to know if you are running an installed, extracted portable, or yet-to-be extracted portable version of Viper Ripper (the third option being the most reliable).

Again for questions two and three, I can't help without knowing the specs of your Viper Ripper.
    Please let me know if something isn't right with one of my posts

Other wonderful model solo megathreads (WIP) ;

Anata/ Mango • Cassie Laine • Lucy O'Hara • Lana Lovelace • Shyla Jennings

Private Member
    Images

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the extracted portable version 2.1.2 of the app.

Quote Originally Posted by SwaggMaster View Post
    1. May I ask which version of Viper Ripper you are running? ... Also it may help to know if you are running an installed, extracted portable, or yet-to-be extracted portable version of Viper Ripper (the third option being the most reliable).

Images

I have been getting an out of memory error,

64 bit windows 10, 16 gigs ram, 512 gig ssd, 4TB hard drive, 8 core 4ghz cpu viper ripper 2.1.2 portable. I run it as admin as well.

Elite Prospect
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by lezboyd View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I am using the extracted portable version 2.1.2 of the app.
    One thing that I should have suggested earlier is to use a free tool like Bulk Rename Utility to quickly alter an entire gallery's file extension to that which you desire. (the software will also integrate into right click context menus for quick use)

As for downloading troubles, my best suggestion is to clear out your user folder, and then re-do your personal preferences.

Private Member
    Images

Yep, I already use a batch renamer for renaming the files back to their OG names and the extension to .jpg. But my query was, why is the app renaming the files even after "Grab OG filenames" is enabled?

Similarly, the errors I get in downloading a gallery (sometimes) is equally perplexing. Whenever an error in download occurs and I check the image-list window, I see the tick boxes next to the error files are present whereas the tick-boxes next to the successfully downloaded files are clear. Intuitively, this would suggest that were I to retry the gallery, only the files ticked in the image-list would be retried, not the whole gallery. So why is the app doing otherwise?

I am just reporting these cases, just in case the devs see it as unexpected behavior, and look into it. Great app otherwise.

Images

The workaround I've found for the partial-download oddity is, first stop the job; second, right-click and bring up the image list (which it sounds like you're doing already) and save the list. The list will disappear and the Progress column should go from, say, "112/18/130" to "112/0/130". Start the job again, and this time the missing images (and only the missing images) will come in (if they're available, of course). The progress won't update, which I think has been reported separately, but it will try to download only the checked-box images; when it's done, if you again stop the job, the grey button should turn green and the progress numbers will report complete. Oddly, the step of saving the image list seems not always to be necessary, but in most cases I've found that explicitly stopping the job and saving the list is the only sure way to get it moving again. HTH.

9. Liked by 2 users: elbae, Longshot

Private Member
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    The workaround I've found for the partial-download oddity is....HTH.
    Ah, thanks for this. I shall try this out the next time this occurs.

Images

if i close out viper ripper that has galleries i haven't downloaded yet will they still be there when i open it later?

Images

"Unsupported Host" in Viper ripper

Has anyone else been getting this error as of late? I never had this happen and I have been using Vipergirls for years. I updated to the latest Viper Ripper and I still get "Unsupported Host" in the status bar.

I have not done anything different. This began about 3 days ago.

Elite Prospect
    Images

Re: "Unsupported Host" in Viper ripper

Quote Originally Posted by willowz24 View Post
    if i close out viper ripper that has galleries i haven't downloaded yet will they still be there when i open it later?
    Yes, unless you are using a non-extracted portable version and choose not to update the archive after usage.

Quote Originally Posted by XmegaPilot View Post
    Has anyone else been getting this error as of late? I never had this happen and I have been using Vipergirls for years. I updated to the latest Viper Ripper and I still get "Unsupported Host" in the status bar.

I have not done anything different. This began about 3 days ago.
    I've never seen this error before. Some hosts that are allowed on ViperGirls aren't supported with Viper Ripper. What would help us massively is knowing which imagehost isn't working with your Viper Ripper...

14. Liked by 1 user: willowz24

Images

Looks like imgflare might be broken - example page

https://vipergirls.to/threads/799630...ght=kimber+day

Images

unable to open ripper after using installer. can only open ripper through portable version. also when i click download images, the link is not automatically opened in ripper. how to fix?

Elite Prospect
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by ikassela89 View Post
    unable to open ripper after using installer. can only open ripper through portable version. also when i click download images, the link is not automatically opened in ripper. how to fix?
    By my understanding, download images will only work with an installed version, as your browser has to use a ViperRipper vr protocol to communicate with Viper Ripper. For portable versions, I can only suggest the next best thing, which is turning on clipboard monitoring, so that copied URLs automatically get added as jobs to your Viper Ripper.

Page 4 of 45 << First ... 2345614 ... Last >>