Page 3 of 9 << First 12345 ... Last >>

Thread: Viper Ripper (Windows) Download Images 

Images

Re: Viper Ripper (Windows)

Hello. I got older verson of Viper Ripper (1.0) and to this day it has worked without problems. It doesn't work anymore. It gives me these popups when I try to launch the app and downloads do not work:
    -Failed to create start bat file. 'download images' will not work on viper girls forum.
    -Error: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure. Failed to fetch updated hosts filter. Using existing.
    -/user/hosts.xml doesn't exist. Please contact us on vipergirls.to

That is however not why I made this post. I want to uninstall the old version so I can install a new version but Viper Ripper isn't listed on Apps (Windows 10) where I'd normally remove applications. Also if I go to the folder location of the application there's no uninstall.exe or anything like that so how do I actually remove the old version without potentially having conflicts with a newer version of the program?
    Last edited by Gobando; 18th January 2018 at 21:28.

Images

I have windows 10 also and what I have been doing so far is removing the folder where the Viper Ripper program was copied to and then downloading the new version.

Not 100% sure if this means there's not still a folder somewhere in C drive for O/S of the old versions or not.
    "For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."
    - M.Bison

Images

Viper Ripper not linking with Rip button
    Nothing ripping

Elite Prospect
    Images

regarding finding the Ripper program to uninstall --

as far as I am aware Viper Ripper is a "stand-alone" program and therefore does not make entry into the "installed" programs list.

it does make entries into the Windows registry but as far as I am aware each new version is coded to make its own updates there.

One simple thing to check - have you signed in or is it running as "Guest" ??

Images

Quote Originally Posted by VTR View Post
    I have windows 10 also and what I have been doing so far is removing the folder where the Viper Ripper program was copied to and then downloading the new version.

Not 100% sure if this means there's not still a folder somewhere in C drive for O/S of the old versions or not.
    I will try that as well then. I just thought the registry files will cause me problems once I DL the new version. Ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdegris View Post
    One simple thing to check - have you signed in or is it running as "Guest" ??
    "Logged in as: guest".

I can't remember if I was logged in or not few days ago when it let me login normally without error popups. I'm guessing this 1.0 version is too old anyways and should be replaced.

Edit: I tried to login with the program and that also gave error popup, so yeah - time to replace this version of the app. I'm pretty sure now that the app autologged me in few days ago before the error popups started happening as it remembered my username and password when I attempted to login. So it will probably be fine once I change the version. Ty for the help.

Update: Everything is working fine now. It was indeed safe to manually delete the viper ripper folder (1.0 version). Now running 1.3 and it's working great.
    Last edited by Gobando; 20th January 2018 at 00:22.

6. Thanked by 1 user: VTR

Images

THANK YOU, V! THANK YOU, V! THANK YOU, V! THANK YOU, V!

...For fixing the clipboard problem! Now I can quickly copy many links, and it adds them ALL to the queue without any being ignored!

Great update!

8. Thanked by 2 users: Avoniki, VTR

Images

Feature requests...

At the moment, colored dots appear on the left column when a job is complete:

Green = All images were downloaded
    Red = All images were missing
    Amber = Some images were missing

I think it would be more useful to...

1) Merge the colored dots with the Status bar. So get rid of colored dots and have the Status bar change color. This brings all the information together in one simple place.

2) The color should indicate the status SO FAR (not just when the job is finished). So if all the images are successfully downloading, the bar is green. If it encounters missing images, the bar turns amber. If no images have been available SO FAR then the bar is red.

Would also be great to have...

3) Buttons to toggle categories:

Show jobs:
    ☑ Incomplete
    ☑ Completed
    -------------------
    ☑ Fully downloaded
    ☑ Missing images

These controls would make it easy to quickly find and delete all the successful jobs. Or to find the jobs with missing images, so you can "Retry" them.

4) It would be nice to be able to "Retry" multiple jobs at once. Most of the jobs I download have missing images. I like to leave them in the queue and try again another time, just in case the images were only temporarily unavailable. There are also times when the images didn't download for other reasons, like if the hard drive was full. In all these cases I need to "Retry" batches of images.

5) Even better... an option to Automatically retry all jobs in the queue with missing images!
    Last edited by LeeJames; 20th January 2018 at 17:58.

10. Thanked by 1 user: VTR

Images

Also a minor (but irritating) bug that has existed for a few versions now...

If you select 1 or more jobs in the queue AND the job immediately above this selection becomes active and starts downloading = the result is that this job will ALSO become selected.

For example, a job I was downloading has just finished. I right clicked it and chose "Remove" to delete it. But while I was doing this, the job above it started downloading, and therefore became selected, and was therefore deleted! Very annoying!

12. Thanked by 1 user: VTR

Images

New version not working for me:
    EXITING DUE TO: FAILED TO CREATE SETTINGS FILE. TRY DELETING "USER" FOLDER.
    I tried... but it doesnt work. Also deleting all registry settings arent helpful...
    Any ideas...??

Images

Can't help you there, I get the same problem time after time, whatever I do, the tool isn't working. Tried to delete the tool, previous install upto 1.07, all the same, failed to create settings file, try deleting user folder, so I do, doesn't work, it comes back after deleting giving the same popup.
    Tried every external harddisk to put ViperRipper to work, and I own about twenty harddrives, same result, deleted every single path in my register, it doesn't work. The only thing what works is copy the link, paste it in the tool and it will download the pictures, futhermore in the right folder set too

Images

Just a slight UI adjustment. When you highlight several listed items, and then hit remove, the dialog message, "Would you like to delete selected/all galleries" could imply that it will delete the files from hard drive, and not just from the list.

A better wording would be: "Would you like to delete selected/all galleries from the list? This WILL NOT delete files."

Take it from a guy who's developed UI's for many years. Messages can cause panic and worry if worded wrong, and I know from support departments the work it causes!

16. Thanked by 1 user: LeeJames

Images

I have this message on the title bar
    "vipergirls.to is unreachable; reduce functionality"

Images

"Remove any previous versions from the viper ripper"
    Does it mean there is no un-installation process, just deletion of components?

Elite Prospect
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldf View Post
    yup - or just rename the current ViperRipper so you can fall back easily if things don't upgrade happily

Images

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldf View Post
    I asked the exact question on this same page. Yes just delete it. No registry problems.

Page 3 of 9 << First 12345 ... Last >>