Thread: Shannen Doherty  

•  

Shannen Doherty

Date of Birth
    April 12, 1971, Memphis, Tennessee, USA

Height
    5' 4" (1.63 m)

Mini Biography
    Shannen Doherty was born in Memphis, Tennessee, USA, on April 12, 1971, to Rosa (Wright) and John Doherty. Her father worked in a bank, while her mother owned a beauty parlor. She has an older brother, Sean. Her ancestry includes Irish, English, Scottish, and French. In 1978, at the tender age of seven, she and her family moved to Los Angeles, where her father started a West Coast branch of the family transportation business. She knew she wanted to pursue an acting career when she made her acting debut at age ten, with a role on the series Father Murphy (1981).

Shannen was a confident student, involving herself in school performances and working hard in school, making sure she always had exceptional grades. Despite her confidence she isolated herself from large crowds and preferred to few close friends. She made a name for herself as a child actress at just 11-years-old, starring in Het kleine huis op de prairie (1974) as Jenny Wilder. It was Michael Landon who noticed her performance in an episode of Father Murphy (1981) that he decided to cast her. She then went on to appear in Our House (1986) with Deidre Hall and Wilford Brimley. She also starred alongside Sarah Jessica Parker and Helen Hunt in Girls Just Want to Have Fun (1985) and then in Heathers (1989), a teen comedy also starring Winona Ryder.

Her real success came in 1990, at the age of 19, when she was cast in Aaron Spelling's long-running hit series, Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990) as Brenda Walsh, the twin sister of Brandon Walsh, played by Jason Priestley. She attracted media attention from the press and eventually made her a household name. The success of the popular teen drama appealed to young teenage girls who could relate to her character. After four years she left the show in 1994. Afterward, she continued her work in movies, starring in the thriller Almost Dead (1994) and the comedy Mallrats (1995).

During the fall of 1998, she reunited with long-time producer Aaron Spelling, when she was cast as Prue Halliwell on Charmed (1998), a show about three ordinary women who happen to be witches. She starred alongside Alyssa Milano and Holly Marie Combs. After three years she left the show to find work in movies. Before her departure from the show she directed three of the last episodes in which she starred. She continued her work in movies by starring in Another Day (2001), The Rendering (2002), Hell on Heels: The Battle of Mary Kay (2002), and View of Terror (2003). In 2003, she hosted season one of Scare Tactics (2003) as well as season two with only 8 episodes and then left to pursue other endeavors.

In the fall of 2004, Shannen made her return to television on Fox's drama series North Shore (2004), where she played Alexandra Hudson, the long-lost sister of Nicole Booth, played by Brooke Burns. The show was canceled after one season. Then in 2005 she landed the role of Denise Johnson on the UPN series Love, Inc. (2005); however, after the pilot episode she was dropped from the sitcom. From there she has ventured into new projects and in 2006 she starred in her own reality series, Breaking Up with Shannen Doherty (2006).

Images
      Quote Originally Posted by zeratul75
      i don't like her...
      sorry guys, but she has something strange in her look....
      anyway, nice body...
      It's the fact that her face is a picasso? you won't see a head on shot of her...know why? her face is far from symmetrical. someone pointed it out to me once and now, like sophie marceau, i can only concentrate on how decidely lower one eye is v. the other. creepy as hell.

zeratul75
      Quote Originally Posted by jdc333
      It's the fact that her face is a picasso? you won't see a head on shot of her...know why? her face is far from symmetrical. someone pointed it out to me once and now, like sophie marceau, i can only concentrate on how decidely lower one eye is v. the other. creepy as hell.
      you are right...
      i think asymetric is the right word..

Elite Prospect
      Images

kenapa
      nice pics.
      Thx

jimaroon
      Nice updates, keep them comin'

CRTS
      I missed her!

Images
      Am I the only one who sees that her eyes don't line up???? It bugs the hell out of me ....... she's still hot though

magister
      Still great, thx qqww

Images

magister
      Am I the only one who sees that her eyes don't line up???? It bugs the hell out of me ....... she's still hot though
      :rockon: that's not her eyes i'm looking :tongue:

Elite Prospect
      Images
      Nice pix qqww!!!! Thanx

mEGApIXEL
      Thx, loved her in 90's still has a great rack though

cedric
      ya 90210....was there every week....she is still hot

Private Member
      Images

Elite Member Basticular Assassin's Avatar
      Images
      Has she only posed for,... what is that? Danish Playboy? or what?

Page 4 of 15 << First ... 2345614 ... Last >>