Page 28 of 33 << First ... 182627282930 ... Last >>

Thread: Approved Hosts & Banned Hosts  

Images

Re: Approved Hosts & Banned Hosts

See how "forced notifications" works and tricks people (part 2/2)

Not everyone here is an experienced computer user or fluent in English. We don't want our fellow forum members get scammed

2. Liked by 4 users: DirtyAngel, Faulkner, Lurkio, Pixel

Elite Member
    Images

Thank you all for the clarification.
    I realized that these concerns are calculated for people who have never heard of the existence of ad blockers, I'm not trying to offend anyone right now, understand correctly. But I think that given the specifics of the forum, the person who visits it, at least knows about the existence of such dangers. This pop-up shit is immeasurable even in what is allowed. And if you approach carelessly, you can pick up viruses and other things even from the resources allowed on the site. So this is such a "concern"

4. Liked by 2 users: DirtyAngel, Lurkio

Images

You'd be surprised by the amount of ad-blocker unawareness

Some general stats from 2021:
    • 42.7% of internet users worldwide (16-64 years old) use ad blocking tools at least once a month.
    • 27% of American internet users block ads.
    • AdBlock, a popular blocking extension, is reported to have more than 65 million users.
    • Ad blocking is most common among internet users between 16 and 24 years old. Among this demographic, 46.2% of users worldwide admit to using ad blockers.

Source: https://backlinko.com/ad-blockers-users

6. Liked by 5 users: DirtyAngel, Faulkner, Lurkio, Navegante, Pixel

Illegitimi Non Carborundum Progishness's Avatar
    Images

If you have a decent security suite installed, rather than relying on Windows Defender, or heaven forbid Norton, then that helps stop a lot of nasties in their tracks. My personal favourite is the free version of Comodo Internet Security Premium, which has served me well for years. Kapersky is also highly recommended by many techie types.
    "We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

8. Liked by 4 users: DirtyAngel, Lurkio, Pixel, roger33

Illegitimi Non Carborundum Progishness's Avatar
    Images

And as mentioned having uBlock installed on your browser is a terrific tool. I personally find it more effective than the various flavours of Adblock Plus.
    "We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

10. Liked by 5 users: DirtyAngel, Lurkio, pevets, Pixel, roger33

Elite Prospect
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by roger33 View Post
    by Brian Dean · Updated Mar. 09, 2021

That's about 2'5 years ago. Interesting info, though.

Images

Well I have sended um a message about how's and what's and wil post theire answer here...lol... if they do answer me...

Elite Prospect
    Images

katfile Remove Their Ad. Someone check please is it now ok?

Elite Member
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by viper37 View Post
    katfile Remove Their Ad. Someone check please is it now ok?
    Can confirm, the message window no longer displays on screen.

However, as previously described, the site still apparently requires 2 clicks for each of the 3 steps (6 clicks in total & answering a text captcha) needed to actually start the download process, so they're technically still breaking point #2 of VG's Acceptable Use policy on page 1 of this thread.

15. Liked by 1 user: Freddiex

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkio View Post
    Can confirm, the message window no longer displays on screen.

However, as previously described, the site still apparently requires 2 clicks for each of the 3 steps (6 clicks in total & answering a text captcha) needed to actually start the download process, so they're technically still breaking point #2 of VG's Acceptable Use policy on page 1 of this thread.
    BIG WOW, and all sites ask for a captcha code! I just downloaded a 1gb file in under 2mins from them, they have greatly improved speeds, unlike utter garbage like Keepshare! 200kb free in this day and age is not remotely acceptable.

17. Liked by 2 users: DirtyAngel, Faulkner

Elite Member
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBoy74 View Post
    BIG WOW, and all sites ask for a captcha code! I just downloaded a 1gb file in under 2mins from them, they have greatly improved speeds, unlike utter garbage like Keepshare! 200kb free in this day and age is not remotely acceptable.
    Considering that most of the bigname/popular/most commonly used filehosts out there normally only offer between 50kb/sec and 100kb/sec to free download users, and K2S is normally one of them, the fact that VG's affiliate deal with K2S gives us a fairly reliable 200kb/sec for free download users is actually quite a big deal indeed. And obviously if you have a K2S subscription you get their superfast download speeds anyway.

And yes, some filehosts do offer significantly faster speeds, even up into the mb/sec range for download speeds, but those hosts (and here I'm looking at you Mega, amongst other hosts) also either tend to expressly not allow copyrighted content on their sites and will usually just straight up ban an offending uploaders account, or they only keep uploads on their servers for a limited time, e.g. 15-30 days after the last download.

Fact is though, VG's acceptable use policy for filehosts is very clear on the matter:

* image or file must present itself no later than the second mouse/continue click
    In the case of Katfile though, it takes at least 6 mouse clicks (2 clicks per button, and there are 3 buttons in the process) AND you also have to answer a text captcha somewhere in the middle of all that, before the save file window FINALLY appears on screen, and frankly in 2023 that's not only completely unnecessary, and unacceptable, but it's honestly borderline taking the piss.

Also, maybe you didn't notice, but K2S generally doesn't ask free users, but particularly VG members using affiliate linked URL's, to answer a captcha as part of the download process, and the countdown timer after the first click and before being able to save the desired file is only 15 seconds, compared to the up to 60 seconds allowed in VG's Acceptable Use policy, and compared to the up to 180 seconds that some filehosts force on their free download users as standard.

So this all might seem like only a minor little thing to you, but as has been repeatedly shown above and throughout this thread, if a filehost thinks it can continually get away with taking the piss out of its users in one way, it'll often feel encouraged to try doing other pointless/shady shit too. That's why VG has an Acceptable Use policy for imagehosts/filehosts, and that's why Katfile needs to stay seated on the naughty step until it fixes its shit.

19. Liked by 3 users: DirtyAngel, Pixel, roger33

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkio View Post
    Considering that most of the bigname/popular/most commonly used filehosts out there normally only offer between 50kb/sec and 100kb/sec to free download users, and K2S is normally one of them, the fact that VG's affiliate deal with K2S gives us a fairly reliable 200kb/sec for free download users is actually quite a big deal indeed. And obviously if you have a K2S subscription you get their superfast download speeds anyway.

And yes, some filehosts do offer significantly faster speeds, even up into the mb/sec range for download speeds, but those hosts (and here I'm looking at you Mega, amongst other hosts) also either tend to expressly not allow copyrighted content on their sites and will usually just straight up ban an offending uploaders account, or they only keep uploads on their servers for a limited time, e.g. 15-30 days after the last download.

Fact is though, VG's acceptable use policy for filehosts is very clear on the matter:

In the case of Katfile though, it takes at least 6 mouse clicks (2 clicks per button, and there are 3 buttons in the process) AND you also have to answer a text captcha somewhere in the middle of all that, before the save file window FINALLY appears on screen, and frankly in 2023 that's not only completely unnecessary, and unacceptable, but it's honestly borderline taking the piss.

Also, maybe you didn't notice, but K2S generally doesn't ask free users, but particularly VG members using affiliate linked URL's, to answer a captcha as part of the download process, and the countdown timer after the first click and before being able to save the desired file is only 15 seconds, compared to the up to 60 seconds allowed in VG's Acceptable Use policy, and compared to the up to 180 seconds that some filehosts force on their free download users as standard.

So this all might seem like only a minor little thing to you, but as has been repeatedly shown above and throughout this thread, if a filehost thinks it can continually get away with taking the piss out of its users in one way, it'll often feel encouraged to try doing other pointless/shady shit too. That's why VG has an Acceptable Use policy for imagehosts/filehosts, and that's why Katfile needs to stay seated on the naughty step until it fixes its shit.
    I don't know how someone who doesn't know about hosting and doesn't know the affiliate system well can comment and become an administrator or moderator!
    K2S service is only PPS and should never have ads!
    But our service PPD has ads and PPS doesn't have ads like everywhere else, it's very simple.

Images

Hi KatFile. Welcome to the forums!

I don't know how someone who doesn't know about hosting and doesn't know the affiliate system well can comment and become an administrator or moderator!
    Given that this is your first post, I'd like to refer you to our Global Rules and Guidelines here

It covers the basic common sense guidelines that has served our growing community well. It contains specifics such as treating others with respect & civility as well as links to the member promotion page that outlines the different member levels on the forum.

We look forward to having you as part of our community, and any knowledge and constructive feedback you may provide

22. Liked by 4 users: bOOmy, DirtyAngel, Lurkio, roger33

Elite Member
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by KatFile View Post
    K2S service is only PPS and should never have ads!
    But our service PPD has ads and PPS doesn't have ads like everywhere else, it's very simple.
    The issues with your site not being whitelisted for use on here currently has nothing whatsoever to do with PPS or PPD or affiliate status; what it instead has to do with is the simple fact that your site currently appears to break this forums Acceptable Use policy as listed on page one of this thread.

It's pretty simple really, I have a green name and title and therefore I'm NOT an admin or moderator here on VG; however, the purpose of this thread is so that ALL non-staff forum members like myself have a place to report imagehosts or filehosts that appear to be having, or causing, serious problems. Thus, having read VG's Acceptable Use policy for ALL imagehosts AND filehosts (and that includes Katfile) I can see that it clearly states that when it comes to a user downloading something from ANY imagehost OR filehost linked to via this forum that the...

* image or file must present itself no later than the second mouse/continue click
    Now as I've mentioned in previous recent posts your site currently appears to have a 3 step process when it comes to downloading a file as a free user, the first step selects the method of download - either slow or fast, the second step is the text captcha that has to be completed, and the third step is the actual download button that either autosaves the file to the browsers default location or it opens the Save window for a manual save, unfortunately however at each of those three steps the button to proceed to the next step appears to require at least 2 mouse clicks.

So here's an idea, instead of getting very politely warned by the staff on here for throwing shade at random strangers online, how about you go fix your site so it meets this forums Acceptable Use policy, that seems like a much more productive use of your time.

Have yourself a wonderful rest of the day.

24. Liked by 4 users: DirtyAngel, Progishness, roger33, Softfan

Images

The filespace.com webmaster is active here (https://vipergirls.to/members/358629-maxspace).
    I suggest posters contact him and refer to this thread to work out any issues. Since filespace has an active presence here, I'll give them time to solve any issues.
    Followup in regards to the Filespace Issue. As two months have passed, I re-validated the host, and have seen no change to the experience. Host still has a 100 second countdown timer, and to lower it to 60 seconds, it requires account registration. Once an account has been registered, you can download a single file with a 60 second timer, and then you are forced to wait 45 minutes for the next window as registration allows for tracked downloads, negating certain benefits from a VPN service.

As per the above guidance, I reached out to maxspace, who was kind enough to respond within a day, and confirmed that this is the intended experience, and that the timer is not adjustable by domain.

Last edited by Pixel; 9th August 2023 at 12:50. Reason: Added image

26. Liked by 1 user: roger33

Page 28 of 33 << First ... 182627282930 ... Last >>