Page 3 of 3 << First 123

Thread: Viper Uploader (Windows Gallery Uploader)  

Images

Re: Viper Uploader (Windows Gallery Uploader)

i was just about to update the post of mine, and i saw your post

thanks for the advice, thats a great idea. I'll give it a shot if i run into issues again.
    i deleted the 'jobs' file in the user folder yesterday, and i've been trouble-free ever-since.

but, of course, if you do that, you'll lose all your jobs in the viperuploader gui but not in the 'galleries' folder, so everything is fine

2. Liked by 2 users: mike_04, roger33

Images

Re: Viper Uploader (Windows Gallery Uploader)

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but figured I'd mention some interesting behaviour (a bug) I noticed in case anyone else also didn't realize that the Upload Delay affected the type of concurrency:

TIP: Upload Delay

Disable "Upload Delay" (or set to 0) to upload sequential images concurrently, set by set (vs 1 image each from multiple sets uploading concurrently)

1. When "Upload Delay (sec)" is set to 0: [or Upload Delay is Disabled]:
      Upload Concurrency = images uploaded concurrently, from 1 set at a time (i.e. sets uploaded quickly/sequentially)
      [Normal behaviour / same number zipped sets are processed concurrently]
    2. When "Upload Delay (sec)" is set to 1+: [and Upload Delay is Enabled]
      Upload Concurrency = sets uploaded concurrently, 1 image each from each concurrently (i.e. multiple sets uploaded slowly/simultaneously)

(When "Upload Delay" isn't checked/enabled, #1 is true regardless of what "Upload Delay (sec)" is set to.)

For example, with Upload Concurrency set to 4:

1. Upload Delay (sec) = 0 or Upload Delay is Disabled: Uploads 1 set at a time, 4 images at a time (faster per set):

2. Upload Delay (sec) ≥ 1 and Upload Delay is Enabled: Upload 4 sets at a time, 1 image from each at a time (slower per set):

In my opinion, #1 makes more sense regardless of whether uploading Images only or both Images + Zips (zip concurrency happens independent of image concurrency, i.e. 4 zips/sets would still be processed concurrently in both examples above)

Note: this also affects the experience of the end user (downloader), as using #1 means sets will download sequentially in VRipper, with concurrency happening set by set (instead of a bunch of separate sets downloading slowly at the same time with #2)

(When changing settings, don't forget you need to press Save before switching tabs as switching tabs will forget any changes made on the previous one.)
    AJ Applegate • Aria Alexander • Darcie Belle • Dionisia • Georgia Jones • Hannah Hays • Kagney Linn Karter • Kate England • Kenzie Madison • Kylie Page
    Lanna Carter • Laya Rae • Lily Blossom • Lucy Briggs • Morticia • Red Fox • Shelby Good • Tara Ashley • Veronica Weston • Willa Prescott • Zarena Summers

. . ( VG Studio Prefix Table ) . . . . . . ( Nubiles.net Complete Collection ) . .

If you notice any errors or broken/missing images in my posts, please PM me so I can fix them – cheers :)

YOUR MOM'S GOT A TWATâ„¢

4. Liked by 2 users: bOOmy, roger33

Page 3 of 3 << First 123